Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!

My favorite (read: only) two readers, Kati at Incorporating Color and Kate at Classy Living, started a fun trend called The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly on their blogs. It is a chance to recap the happenings of the weekend.

They have a cool button that Kati created, but I have no idea how to get it here... oh well. There it is, but it probably doesn't do anything. Lots to figure out in the blog world!

Incorporating Color

The Good:

When I started typing this post, the Good would have to be that my husband and teen were both gone for a majority of the weekend! And, I found some Lindt Truffles! They were leftover from my Easter basket stash. I only ate one, so that is rather pathetic. Wait, I will go eat another one. There, now I can say I ate two. That sounds better. They were so good! Whenever we go to the Mall of America, we make sure to go to the Lindt store on the south side, second floor. They ALWAYS give you a sample of the day. I love this chocolate.
Bought a great assortment!
Also, since the weekend officially starts Friday afternoon, I can say that I didn't need to use The Kit all weekend!! So exciting. (However, if the weekend started Friday morning, the fact that I DID need to utilize The Kit would definitely be listed under the Bad... and maybe the Ugly, too. Sometimes I hate my life.)

The Bad:

The dog was still here. Had to take him for walks in 40 degree windy, rainy weather. Decided to be a good dog owner and put his kennel in the back of my Ford Edge. He jumped up and was so happy to be going somewhere. He thought he had a life. But, when we got back home, he wouldn't get out. Finally hooked up the leashed and pulled him out. I had to get him out so I could close up the car and garage so I could get in the house to go to the bathroom! Another thing that he does is when he is out in the yard, he barks at everything and everyone. I think my husband hid the bark collar...he and the dog are buddies. That dog really ticks me off.

Jake the Wonder Dog.
Clearly, he isn't any happier with me than I am with him...he wouldn't even look at me for the picture!

The Ugly:
 I love kakuro puzzles! Have you tried them? Different than sudoku, much more fun in my opinion. I have completed the brown belt book and am doing that same one again. But, last weekend when I went to visit my daughter, I forgot to bring it. I stopped at Barnes and Noble and decided to pick up the Second-Degree Brown Belt Kakuro book. It is hard. I am not really enjoying it... most of the time I don't want to be challenged that much. Fun should be this much work.

I will never finish this book.
It has been a good weekend...but, I probably shouldn't publish this post yet. After all , it is only 3:30 in the afternoon. There is still plenty of time for this list to change! The angsty teen just got back from a youth conference. She is really tired and has lots of homework to do. I should have just save room in the Ugly section so I can update as the night progresses.

Hope you had a good weekend, Kati and Kate... because pretty sure you are my only readers! :)

5 comments:

  1. Oh if only you knew how excited Kati and I get when we see your posts! Lindt chocolate is the best - I got to go to the official Lindt museum when I was in Germany a few summers ago. The samples were amazing! Make sure to link up with us tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, except I don't know how to do that. Dang.

      Delete
  2. Good job linking up with us, Mom. So proud of you! So glad you didn't need the kit all weekend. Want to bring me some Lindt chocolates when you visit this week? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any specific ones you want? Tell Katie I will bring her a couple... but need to know if she is a dark or light chocolate person!

      Delete
  3. Haha, you're too funny! I enjoyed reading this. :) I LOVE Lindt truffles, too. The dark chocolate are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete