Monday, May 14, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Week 3)

Happy Monday!

Linking up with Kati at Incorporating Color and Kate at Classy Living to bring you The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly from my weekend.
Incorporating Color
The Good: Mother's Day was pretty darn good. Kati wrote about how wonderful I am, You could read about it here. What mom doesn't love that kind of stuff? Told her that was definitely enough, no actual present needed!
Incorporating Color


The Stern German put up new, beauteous, colorful lights on the front porch...
Love, love, love how they look! Good job, Jimbo. 

Even got a present from my stepkids. Some years that happens, some years it doesn't. Not a big deal when it doesn't...but it is nice to be thought of! Cute gift.

The Angsty Teen didn't come through, but in her defense I told her we would really be celebrating next weekend when Kati comes home for a few days. And, her dad didn't help her figure out the deal.
But, she was kind mostly all day, rarely ornery, and did tell me how wonderful I am on Facebook... so she did okay.  And she was almost this happy for most of the day! She did make a very thoughtful Mother's Day card for my mom... and said mine would look a lot like it next weekend.

The Bad:

This was the menu for our Mother's Day lunch:

Lots of mushy food. Not ideal, not my favorite foods by any means, but it worked for us to get to celebrate Mother's Day with my mom. We ate lunch at the assisted living place where my mom lives just a mile from us. (My dad is in the nursing home next door.. has been there for three months, would love to be getting out, but....) I took my dad over for the morning...and the Stern German and the Angsty Teen joined the three of us for lunch. Yum...whipped squash...


The Ugly:

The Stern German is trying to improve his image... but this is more scary than anything:
This picture isn't from the weekend, but you get the idea!
Hope your weekend was great!

3 comments:

  1. New follower - hope you will visit and do the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, glad I made your "good" for the weekend. Did you Instagram that pic of your present from Kayla? If you did, way to go! You did it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I just sent to my gmail account and downloaded it from there.. When I looked at sending it on Instagram, it looked like my only options were to send it to Twitter, Facebook, Foursquare, or Tumblr. I was a little lost on that.

      Delete