Monday, May 21, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Week 4)

Linking up with Kati and Kate for:
Classy Living
My weekend flew by, but this is my chance to reflect on all that happened.

The Good:
Kati came home for the weekend. I went to Fargo to see one of my best friends. I went to a wedding in Fargo. I helped my friend decorate cupcakes for her daughter's graduation open house. I drove back to Minneapolis for a wedding. I spent some great time with both my daughters shopping. We got some delicious frozen yogurt which we ate in gale force winds, and  I got to finish the weekend with dinner and margaritas at my favorite Mexican restaurant!

Here's a few pics:





















These turned out great! I impressed myself a little.
(Only with the cupcakes... not with my ability to figure out this spacing thing...)

The Bad:
I went to Ulta. I really like that store... probably too much. But, apparently the Stern German thinks I am cute and worth it..,well, he was trying to be sweet and kind...the comment didn't exactly come out like a compliment.

He said, "You are a cutie." He should have just stopped there; however, he went on to say, "I know you work really hard at it." What exactly are you trying to say, buddy? He is still trying to get his foot out of his mouth and my foot out of his... well, never mind. 

These are a couple of the things I bought at Ulta:
(source)
This palette will hopefully reduce the redness in my face...especially across my nose.
(source)
This product will hopefully make me look less aristocratic (aka pasty and pale).

The Ugly:
As of Sunday morning, I was so excited that my weekend had gone so well. I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to come up with an "ugly" thing. Haha... I can be such an idiot.

I am unhappy to report that there was definitely something "ugly" that happened today. This is pretty darn ugly. 

I knew it was only a matter of time until I would actually be required to use The Kit again. Today was the day... unfortunately, I had forgotten it at home. So, I rounded up some gloves and... never mind.. enough said. 

And, yes, I did buy myself another new scarf today. I earned it. Eventually, though, I might have to add a Scarf Room onto my house. Sometimes I hate my life. Pretty sure no scarf is worth it.. well, maybe I should start investing in Hermes scarves. That might actually be worth it...

Hope your weekend was remarkable. Would love to hear about your good, bad, and ugly business!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable cupcakes!! very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cupcakes and ulta, like you probably too much

    ReplyDelete