Friday, May 11, 2012

High Five for Friday (Week 2)

Happy Friday! When Kati at Incorporating Color reminded me about the link up with Lauren From My Grey Desk  for today... I was really surprised it was already Friday again! So, here are the five highlights of my week...

Last week I had a pic of my college girl's boxes in my living room. We packed 'em up and headed to Illinois for additional packing, noshing, celebrating, and moving the girl to Nebraska.

1. The first big highlight is that my girls got along so well. It wasn't perfect, but nothing ever is...  Paying the Angsty Teen to help her sister move was really quite brilliant if I do say so myself! I would be way more pleasant to everyone if I was paid to be nice.
Here is the college grad with the Angsty Teen. She doesn't look angsty at all! (And Kati knows how to pose for a pic so that her sister's head looks so much larger than hers! Not a marketable skill, but yet a good one to have.)

2. The food was fantastic! We ate at so many great restaurants. I told the Stern German that I never want to know how much money we spent eating out, because that would take the fun out of it. 
(source)

We don't really have Chick-fil-As in Minnesota. I think there is one. Delicious.
(source)
AMAZING pop machine at Qdoba!
(source)
SO many great brunch items. But it is only in Wheaton, IL.
(source)
We had never been to P.F, Chang's. Great gluten-free menu.

3. 1300 miles, gallons of gas, 24 hours driving... no problems...well, no major problems. And, drum roll please, we got to stop at The World's Largest Truck Stop!

It didn't really look any different than any other. We didn't take a lot of time to look around, but apparently they have a dentist, barber, and chiropractor on the premises along with lots of other amenities.

4. CHICAGO!
The Stern German, the Angsty Teen, and I took the Metra to Chicago, spent 2 1/2 hours being tourists, and took the train back to Wheaton. We spent almost the same amount of time on the train as we spent in the city.
The Bean
Billy Goat Tavern!
5. Cinco de Mayo!

I love any excuse to eat Mexican food and have a margarita. By Saturday night we were all pretty wiped out. It was fun to just hang out and be goofy.

I had a picture of the Stern German and me. I have sent it to my gmail account three times. It has never arrived. Guess you don't get to see us today.


If you would have told me that I would return home from FIVE DAYS OF FAMILY TOGETHERNESS and still really like all of my family members, I would have said you were a dirty, rotten liar. Really. 

But it went SOOOO well. (So many capital letters but I am really surprised/amazed that the five days went so well!)

Hope your week was a good one, too!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love Mexican food too. I think my favorite dish is a GIANT margarita.

    ReplyDelete