Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Oh, How Pinteresting (Week 2)

I'm linking up with Michelle @ The Vintage Apple for Oh, How Pinteresting Wednesday again this week!

When we were moving my daughter into her second floor apartment this week, I didn't take quite as many trips up the stairs as each of my girls did. (Hello? They are 14 and 22.) When my 14 year old commented, I just said, "I'm old and chubby, I need a break." To which she responded, "You're not old." Really? That's the best response you could come up with? Thanks, child of mine. I love you, too.

When I am on Pinterest, I don't really look under the Women's Apparel. Seems like lots of it is for people a lot younger (and less chubby) than me! Recently, I decided to check out that section again. There were lots of cute ideas that wouldn't work for me, but there were some that just might!

(source)
I think this dress is beautiful! I would wear it with a little sweater/jackety thing. But, I would love to see this on my older daughter.

Look at these nails:
(source)
(source)
Dang. These are great. The tutorial makes it seem pretty simple. My nails would undoubtedly not turn out like this... but maybe? I love both of these looks. The colors are great!

Talked about this book last week:
(source)
Such a funny read... but just don't read it to your kids. Grab a glass of wine and read it with a friend or spouse. Hopefully you will laugh out loud!

I actually made these for St. Patrick's Day: 
Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey's Cream Cheese Frosting
(source)
The Guiness cupcakes were very good... but the Bailey's Cream Cheese Frosting was fantastic! The only problem was that my eyes failed me. I read the recipe wrong. 

Instead of 3 teaspoons of Bailey's, I added 3 tablespoons! OOPS! Since there are three teaspoons in a tablespoon, that means I added three times as much Bailey's as I was supposed to. 

Since I tripled the recipe I never did get enough extra powdered sugar in there to make it thick. The frosting was more like a running, goopy, oozing blob of deliciousness. (No one really seemed to care, especially after two or three!)

Everywhere you go there are people that this applies to:
(source)
Bad luck when thinking? That happens to an awful lot of people I come across every single day.

Have a great Wednesday! We survived our five day Forced Family Fun trip... and I will get to the telling of that in a while! Right now, it might be time to rest. 

Check out some of the other blogs that are linking up with Michelle on The Vintage Apple.


4 comments:

  1. These Irish cream cupcakes you speak of - I must have them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the second set of nails. So cute! The cupcakes look SO good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that dress and the nails, too! The cupcakes look yummy! Please visit me when you get a chance!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those nails!

    Thanks for stopping by the blog!

    ReplyDelete