Friday, June 8, 2012

High Five for Friday! (Week 6)

  I am pretty sure I'm not the only one who has had a crazy week. I thoroughly enjoy sitting down to write the High Five for Friday post, since it forces me to reflect on my week and look for the good in it.
ource: someecards.com via Sally on Pinterest

My life tends to not be that different on the weekends... but most people love Fridays!

Here are the top five high points of my week:

1. My dad made it home from the nursing home. (Yes, he did fall the next day... but was relatively unscathed. He is still at home!!!)
All of my dad's nursing home belongings being moved...

2. My parents are (finally) willing to pay for more help where they live. It will be worth it for my dad to be able to be at home with my mom.

Since I have Power of Attorney I am pretty sure I need to create and sign something that says that these extra expenses are coming out of my brother's half of any inheritance that would be left... haha... (I'm trying to make it sound like I am joking...)




3. The Angsty Teen took the Greyhound bus to Omaha to visit her sister and to go to a volleyball camp. Hopefully the brief amount of time they spent together made each of them happy... or at least not miserable... (The best parenting tip I can give you is that if you pay the older one to watch the younger one and you pay the younger one a token amount to be sweet to the older one... it generally works out well. It is worth every penny.)





4. The Stern German's health will be manageable. We really won't know more about things until they do more tests in about six months. They will keep him on some meds for his heart (yep, the teeny tiny one that is apparently enlarged!) and we will see.
Here is the Stern German at the Mayo Clinic going to his cardiac appointment. 
See the plaques behind him in the picture? This is what they say:
Really? Pediatric cardiology? I told him that must mean he really is a big baby. :)

5. After the Stern German's morning of appointments at the Mayo Clinic we went outside to a market. They do this on Thursdays during the summer. There were these awnings set up for blocks and blocks with a lot of different vendors selling their wares. We bought lunch from some fun food booths. I had a chicken fajita burrito and the Stern German had gyros. Delicious!

If you are in the area hit downtown Rochester, Minnesota on a Thursday! 
 I finally got to go into this cute gift store called Tangerine Gifts that I had seen over the years in Rochester. I hadn't ever been there when it was open. So cute. They had hilariously fun stuff.
 Loved this bathtub planter out front!

Time for the weekend! We are going to have a FFF weekend. No, we are not farmers... FFF stands for Forced Family Fun.
I think the Angsty Teen and the Stern German are trying to see who is the orneriest.
I wouldn't bet against either one of them... but really.

Hopefully when I link up with Kati and Kate on Monday for the GBU... I will have something "G" to write about.
Incorporating Color


Have a great weekend! What are your plans?

2 comments:

  1. That post card at the top cracks me up.

    It takes me awhile, but I finally made the connection that Incorporating Color is your daughter!!!!

    I like your reward idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are times when I figure out that two different bloggers are friends because they have the same adventure mentioned... seems so weird!

      Have a good weekend.

      Delete