Friday, June 15, 2012

High Five for Friday! (Week 7)

Can't think of anything that I even did this week... other than taking my dad to Walmart... four times! It turns out to be a pretty good way of giving us something to do together and it gives my mom a little break... and they have a great big family bathroom, a wheelchair with a basket so I don't have to bring his along, and he seems to really enjoy our Walmart outings. Win/Win.

1. While going to Walmart numerous times is fine, it probably isn't in the top five happenings of the week! So my first item is that we went to visit Kati and it was fun. (Read more about that on the GBU post.) Even though I wrote about it already, when I think back on the weekend, I smile.
2. The Stern German had a birthday... and I remembered... sort of! I knew it was a week from Monday. But, it wasn't until this past Sunday night that I realized it was a week from the past Monday... his birthday was, as of then, TOMORROW!

Luckily I work well under pressure. We celebrated a little that night, a little Wednesday night, and I am taking him on a Mystery "Fun" Day on Saturday. (That "f" word really isn't in his vocabulary... so we will see how this goes. No, we aren't going to kill something, no we aren't going to pee in the woods, no we aren't going to check each other for ticks.... well, maybe...)
Such a bad picture, but such a great present!
Good job, Kati!
2. New Marcher Training for marching band started this week. The Angsty Teen is happiest when she is in charge of her life. Big surprise there.

She's has worked really hard to: play her instrument (it is different than the one she usually plays), learn her parade song, march without falling, be able to remember which is right and which is left under pressure, keep a straight face at all times, etc. Some of these things come easier for her than others.
So happy when she is in charge.
Yes, we do a lot of "thumbs up" pics in this family.
3. I got to open a new bag of coffee beans on Tuesday. Caribou Obsidian is my favorite. Even thinking of it now, I do a little happy dance. Opening a bag is the best...
So dark and oily!
Yes, I saved the bag and added it to my collection
of about 25 bags. Someday I will make a tote bag...
but probably... I won't.

















4. Watched the boys for an evening... 
and used my new Trader Joe's bag (only $.99!) to go on a picnic.
Such a happy boy! And those thighs are so much cuter on him
than they are on me...
5. Made a couple of great meals this week:
Chicken & Black Bean Enchiladas
Thai Chicken and Rice Noodles

That's it. Tell me what you did this week that was memorable!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. A mystery fun day sounds like so much fun! I can't wait to hear about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those meals look awesome! You should totally post some recipes on here! :)

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - those meals look oh so tasty! I love seeing new recipes, too! :)

    And, while we have a Keurig now, I recall opening a fresh bag of coffee before, and I agree, there's nothing like it! mmm!

    Have a fantastic weekend!

    - Sara

    ReplyDelete