Thursday, June 14, 2012

Tiger King (Thirsty Thursday)

If you follow me on Google Reader... ignore the post form about 9:30 last night. It was those stupid Riesling Slushies.,.. I mean I haven't actually made or had any yet... but I bumped the wrong button.

And, also ignore the fact that you will probably get two nearly identical posts from me today.
I went in to change something this morning... and it didn't work so well. Lost the whole thing. The day can only get better... probably not a true statement.

Anyway...This is the drink I invented yesterday. I created this drink to make my life a little better. It is a combination of two other cocktails: The Tiger Lily and the the King Cole.

 I like to call it the Tiger King.

Grab a drink... read my ramblings... which are a little slice from my life. It will probably make you feel better about your own life... not really joking. And you will find out all about Tiger King.

The Tiger King Cocktail

1 c. pineapple juice
1 shot vodka
1 shot triple sec
Fill your cocktail glass and your cocktail shaker with ice. Add pineapple juice, vodka (I used pomegranate vodka!), and triple sec. Shake, shake, shake. Remove ice from glass. Strain the cocktail into the chilled glass. Garnish with fruit. Enjoy!
Deliciousness
We were sitting in the foyer of my parent's assisted living building waiting to go into the dining room for lunch on Monday.


My dad's 95 year old workout buddy brings the newspaper over and puts it back on the coffee table. She said, "I didn't read the sports section." To which I replied, "I don't usually read it either. But it's good to see who won the Stanley Cup."


My 81 year old mom says, "Who won?"


"The Kings!" I said.


Mom: He did?
Me: The Kings won.


Mom: He won?
Me: He didn't win. The Kings won.


Mom: I didn't think he was winning anymore.


(And might I say I was being very sweet through all of this...)


Me: "They won... not "he"... (I figured out what she was thinking... that fact should frighten me.)
Me: This is hockey, not golf. The Kings won, not Tiger Woods.

Mom: Tiger King didn't win?



Me: Tiger Woods hasn't won anything lately.


Mom: I thought I heard he was making a comeback.


Me: I wouldn't know...


Oh, Beverly.


This is my life.
On a daily basis.
Along with emergency bathroom trips.
Along with emergency bathroom clean ups.
Along with 40 pound wheel chair manipulations with a 275 pound man along for the ride.
Along with folding and unfolding walkers constantly.
Along with lunches where both my parents are trying to grab food off of my plate.
And this is on a good day. 


My dad, who is legally blind, is trying to eat whatever he can get his hands on. One day I almost slapped his hand and said, "No, Helen." Sorry, poor taste.


And my mom wants to see what I got for my lunch... so she is always reaching over and poking, touching, and grabbing bites with her fingers and/or her fork.


The best choices is to let her order first and always order the same thing. But really...


I think Tiger King might just be my new best friend...


Apparently I needed to gripe a little... sorry...
Obviously MARvelous
Note to children: Get ready... in a few short years this will be you and me...

3 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!!! I love everything about this drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! I need to try it this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following from Thirsty Thursday. Looks yummy!

    http://chaoticcantrells.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete