Tuesday, June 12, 2012

TUESDAY!

Well, it is Tuesday, June 12. What that really means this week is that I remembered the Stern German's birthday yesterday. Whew... that was close. I will tell you more about that later this week!

This is the day that I link up with a couple other blogs. One of the link ups is with Tuesdays at the Table. It is a cute blog... and it looks like there are a lot of good recipes each week. Last week there weren't a whole lot of people that linked up... but it is a busy time of year. Hopefully today will be better...

The other link up I have been doing is Tasty Tuesdays... another blog with a lot of good recipes!

My recipe this week is for Cheesy Hammy Hash Potatoes. This is the finished product:
Creamy diced potatoes with peppers and onions and a golden brown crispy top! Yum... This is definitely a comfort food.

My measurements aren't exact... big surprise... but pretty sure you can't screw this up.

Ingredients: Potatoes O'Brien, condensed soup, sour cream, shredded cheddar,  and ham.

I used a package of frozen Potatoes O'Brien. (Kind of like this, but I used the cheap store brand...)
NOTE: The potatoes I used were not gluten-free... really? How is that even a thing? Well, apparently they cover them in a wheat-based coating so, if you need to make this g-free... you will need to look for other potatoes.. or dice fresh ones... AND you will need to use a g-free soup or cream sauce alternative.

My daughter, Kati, and I made a similar recipe gluten-free this weekend. Check it out here.

Okay, back to business.

"O'Brien" just means with peppers and onion already in it. While I actually find it therapeutic to stand in my kitchen and slice and dice things like peppers and onions, my lack of time seems to make this a better option some days.

Add a large can (or two small cans...look how exact I can be!) of cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup to the potatoes. (You could use one of each if using two small cans...be creative!)

Add a nice BIG helping of sour cream... maybe about a half cup or a bit more? More is always better...

Add a nice big handful of shredded cheddar... maybe a good cup... maybe more... save some to put on the top.

Dice up some ham. I bought a chunk of ham this week and used it here... maybe a few nice thick slices all cubed of something like this:
So blurry... sorry.
Here's are all the ingredients:
 Stir it up...
You really can't wreck this. Basically put some frozen potatoes in a pan with ham and creamy/cheesy stuff. It will be delicious.

Put it in a pan (that you have sprayed with a Pam-like product) and sprinkle some cheddar over the top... and bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes... or so... don't take it out if the spuds are too hard to eat. And, let it get golden brown on top. Don't let it blacken. This isn't a Cajun recipe...
This is a great recipe to make when bringing someone a meal. Buy a foil pan to put it in and no one has to get any dishes back to you!

Have you made something like this before?

1 comment:

  1. That's the kind of food my family would love to savor. Thanks for sharing this idea:)

    Your follower hopping by.

    Have a delightful day!

    The Quiet Mom blogging: http://olahmomma.com/blog/grilled-chicken-enchilada

    ReplyDelete