Thursday, July 5, 2012

DC, baby....

Well, my trip to DC is coming up in the next few weeks.
(source)
I was really getting excited about it... even though I didn't know who was going to go with me.

The Angsty Teen had said, in no uncertain terms, that she didn't want to miss her last summer weightlifting class or her last Jump Soles (it helps you improve your vertical jump) class.

Yes, those are definitely things I would prize above a once-in-a-lifetime trip to our nation's capital.

These classes are with kids she sees every day during the school year. Is there a cute boy in the classes that she doesn't want to be away from? When I put this question to her, I was treated to a Class A Eye Roll accompanied by a Disgusted Declaration of Denial.

I hadn't really mentioned the trip since the day I booked the tickets. Finally last night I told the Angsty Teen that I needed her to make a decision and she could do whatever she wanted, but that I just needed to know so I could make further plans. (Wasn't gonna make her go with me...)

If she didn't want to go I know Kati would go with me. From the beginning I thought of having the three of us go on this trip together. But, as much as I would love to think that the three of us could have a fantastic time together for six days, the reality of life is much different than that.

Well, the Angsty Teen decided she would go with me... yay? That is fine, good, great even... but we need to talk about a few ground rules...

Dear Angsty Teen:

Bring plenty of money because failing to comply with these rules will result upon you buying your own airline ticket home. No, I am not joking.

This is going to be a trip I am going to enjoy. I can do that with you or without you. Your choice.

You need to be responsible, respectful, and fun to be around. 

Really, that's it. That pretty much encompasses everything I can think of.

If that is too vague I could go into more detail in the future.

Oh, and if you need to figure out how to get to the airport... print out a copy of this map:

With all my love,
Mom
Obviously MARvelous
Bassgiraffe's Thoughts Thursday Blog Hop
Linking up with these guys for today!

Also, Blogspot won't let me comment on any blogs... or reply to comments on this blog... I must've pushed a wrong button somewhere! Sorry I can't comment... I have so much to say!

4 comments:

  1. You are Carly are going to have so much fun! I am in LOVE with DC :) If you somehow get Kati to come along for the ride, let me know. I'll hop in the car and meet you there in a few hours flat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! This is letting me post comments again... so weird.

    Well, Ms. Kate... I will see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I'm following from the Thursday Blog Hop! Loved reading your blog and look forward to more! I would appreciate the follow back! Have an awesome day!

    -Kat

    http://mom-uncensored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Stopping by from the blog hop! Am now a new follower:) Would love if you could follow me back!

    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    https://twitter.com/LoveMyMamaDrama

    ReplyDelete