Friday, July 6, 2012

High Five for Friday! (Week 10)

Happy Friday!
Linking up with Lauren From My Grey Desk to tell you five of my highlights from this week and with Hollie from Follow Friday which is a great way to find some new blogs to read. 

(But before I do that, help me if you are able, please... Blogspot won't let me comment on any blogs. My "Comment as" drop down button has shrunk down to nothing and is blank. I am not able to do anything about it! Any thoughts? I changed my own comment part to a separate pop-up, and that works... but I'm not able to comment on other blogs that use the embedded forms... so frustrating.)

Anyway....on to more important things!

1. Played this on Words with Friends and beat someone who I think may have been cheating. Karma.... or every dog gets his chance at the hydrant. (That's a Quintinism...)*


2. I used my my favorite camp kitchen appliance:
I love, love, love using this mixer!
Camp-sized bread dough recipe.... doubled. Twenty-eight cups of flour...
At camp, we carb-load! (aka Cheap Filler)

3. I had great help assembling about 75 egg/sausage/cheese/English muffin breakfast sandwiches. 
The assembly line of teens ages 13-15.

I cannot believe how fast those guys got them made and wrapped... in about 10 minutes!

4. I appreciate signs with correct spelling... these are not like that...
Wonder if these are cherry flavored?

 I ran across all these signs the other day when I went into town to get some camp supplies.... but of all the signs... this one is my favorite:
Now that I have made fun of others for their spelling errors... 
I will probably be making a few of my own!

 5. My friend gave my feet a Camp Survival Kit!

A couple of days this week I found myself in the kitchen from 6:15 am - 10:00 pm. I'd leave to go to meals, then head back to start cleaning up and preparing for the next big deal... or meal... I'm always pretty tired by the end of each day at camp!

My kit included fizzy foot-soaking things, a pumice, and refreshing foot lotion/gel.
Soaked my feet last night... yay!
Hope you had some wondrous highlights from your week!                     

                              Photobucket
*Poop my pa says. 

2 comments:

  1. I didn't even know BURQA was a word on words with friends?! How awesome, and way to beat that person haha.

    I'm following you now from Follow Friday. I'd love for you to stop by my blog too so we can be blog friends :)

    Brooke

    liningthecloudswithsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHOA! You bet I'll be filing that word away to spring on someone!!!

    ReplyDelete