Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Oh, How Pinteresting!

Happy 4th of July!  I am linking up with Michelle at The Vintage Apple to show you all things patriotically pinteresting!

Hope your celebration is great....

 and safe....

I am in a place with no drunk people.... and the fireworks still make me nervous!

Not sure a 4th of July post would be complete without a showing of this lady:

Google wouldn't let me pin this cake:
But we (and by "we" I mean the Angsty Teen and her friend..and eventually me) tried making it (and by "tried making it" I mean they mixed the colored batter while they got their hands covered in food coloring and then they poured the batter in the cake pans and left.).
  
So patriotic!
When it was time to assemble this Pain-in-the-Butt Patriotic Cake (that is going to be my official name for that business) they decided they were done with the project. This is not a project I would have chosen to do... In my head, projects like this turn out perfectly, but in real life? not so much.

Click here for the directions for assembling this baby.

This is our cake (and by "our" I mean mostly my):
(I added the flag picks to hold the blue ring of cake in place... it worked a little!)
Beautiful patriotic sprinkles...
which camouflage all the cake crumbs in the frosting.
Here is a piece of the Pain-in-the-Butt Patriotic Cake:
(Could of used a bit more cream cheese frosting!)
Think I nailed it... bahahaha.
Happy 4th of July:

Thanks for reading my blog today!

4 comments:

  1. I love your cake! Not that I want to attempt it myself, BUT I'm curious about how the heck you configure that thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to post that first ecard on my facebook. LOVE it. And my 11 year old just saw the photo of the cake and is now bugging me about making it today. So thanks for that....
    ;) m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome pins, haha the 2nd one makes me giggle. This is my first link up & I'm excited! Your blog is great & I love the name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake is way better than anything I could ever do! Love all your pins!

    ReplyDelete