Friday, August 3, 2012

High Five for Friday (Week 14)

Linking up to give you the five highlights of my week....

1. I was not, repeat not in the triathlon in my town!

I was in it two years ago. (Before you're too impressed.... I was in the mini one with two co-workers. We each did an event. We had cute shirts that said "Library Ladies... come check us out!" and we had a blast.)

I could tell it was gonna happen again soon.
Riding my bike around the lake I could tell big things were gonna happen here...
Pretty sure this is where I would have ended up this year...
One person rode the bike, one person ran, and I swam... only 1/4 mile.. but it was in this lake:

Can you see why no one else wanted to do the swimming part?
The good news was that groups like ours went last... so all the fast swimmers who were swimming a mile and all the groups of people who were doing all three mini events by themselves had gone out and come back.

They took out all the weeds with them on their way out and back.  Haha... sucks to not suck!

By the time I had to swim in this lake it felt like a clean northern Minnesota lake... and the swimmer's itch healed relatively fast.*

2. I took my dad to the Farmer's Market.

He is a man who has always just done what he has wanted to do in life. He doesn't usually listen to anyone and this was no exception... "No, I don't think you want to bite a jalapeno pepper... "

"I'm positive you don't want to take a bigger bite."
I am sure everyone at the market was thinking I was an awful person... standing there taking pictures and not trying to take the pepper away from him....

It was kind of funny... because sometimes... it's good to take advice from people (aka it sucks to suck at listening).

3. Marching band started in earnest... well, for 4-6 hours a day.

I made the Angsty Teen go out for marching band... pretty sure I know her better than she knows herself... I mean, I know it's a lot of work... but basically it is the great social event in our school... besides track.

She loves social events. And she is already loving band.
The Angsty Teen loving her gorgeous black socks and stylish marching shoes...
4. I can now comment on blogs that have embedded comment forms!!!!

My computer was being weird with that for a long time and with a couple other things. I'd been using Safari... and I switched to a new version of Google Chrome. Problem solved...YAY!!!!!
(source)
5. I went to visit Kati!

I stayed in her apartment... it was a blast. We had fun working in her classroom, eating out, shopping, fixing her internet woes, and trying Rum Chata.
So, so, so, so, good.
We had a lot of fun (see yesterday's post) and we got TONS of stuff done in her classroom.

But I'm not allowed to show you the stuff until she blogs about it... dang... there goes all my ideas for this post... May I show one bulletin board?
(source)
May I show one teensy weensy little project?
(source)
So... that's about it for my trip... maybe I can tell you about our excursion to Nebraska Furniture Mart. 
Who knew this was so huge? Pretty sure it is the biggest furniture store I have ever been in... Hey, Kati, may I show everybody your new sofa and coffee table? 
(source)
I guess that's a "no!"

Have a great weekend!

Photobucket

*I actually did get that... but it was from practicing in a different cleaner looking lake. Go figure.

6 comments:

  1. Yay for visiting Kati ANNNDDDD marching band!!!! She will LOVEEEEE it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE rum chata!!

    Happy Friday!
    Amber @ Tiny Turtles

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like you've been having some fun times :)

    have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to try rum chata! I am your newest follower. I cannot wait to read more of your posts and hope that maybe you can return the favor and follow The Preppy Student. I always comment for every comment left on my page and hope to start a friendly relationship with your wonderful blog! Have a happy Saturday:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm still super impressed even if it was a mini one!

    Have a great weekend! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete