Friday, August 17, 2012

High Five for Friday! (Week 16)

It's Friday... and it has been another busy week. Here are the five highlights of my week:

1.  Kati started her first day of school as a teacher... and when I asked her to take a 1st day of school pic... she did!
1st day teaching!
Angsty Teen: 1st day of 4th grade
Kati: 1st day of senior year
1st day of kindergarten!
2. I signed my geriatric father up on Spacebook. 
Keeping up with his two younger brothers... they're 80 and 76!
     Me:  You're now on Facebook.
     Him:  Hey, I'm on Spacebook....
     Me:  Yep, you're on Facebook.
     Him:  Is it Spacebook?
     Me:  No, it's FACEbook.
     Him:  Spacebook?
     Me:  (Patting him on the face) It's FACE... FACEbook.
     Him:  Oh, okay... Spacebook.
     Me:  Yep.... Spacebook.

3. Yesterday after bringing my dad back from his PT appointment... my mom was napping and I got my dad down to nap... and this was sitting on the loveseat:
Thought I'd be helpful and fold it...

I could do it in five minutes, it would take my mom about 20 minutes...

So I reached out to grab a pair of my dad's knit shorts to fold.

I hesitated... I wondered if this was really a basket of clean clothes...

I gingerly touched the shorts on the leg...(that seemed safe) the shorts were a little damp... this really doesn't mean a thing... this could still have go either way!

Touched another pair... they were warm... again, that could mean anything...

Had to do the sniff test...

Yay! They were clean! Definitely a highlight of my week.

4. The Angsty Teen has been mostly pleasant this week.. okay... she was gone for over 12 hours a day with volleyball and marching band... but when she was here she was kind of pleasant...nuts, actually:

Add caption
5. I bought Kati a subscription to Birchbox for her birthday last year... it is a great gift. Most of you know what it is... but if you don't know the recipient gets a box of fun makeup, beauty products, and some other things (some sample-sized and some full-sized) every month.

If you want to sign up for Birchbox... let me know... I think I get something for getting people on board! 
I made up my own version and sent to Kati this week. This was the note I put inside:
The box had lots of fun little things in it...
Today I linked up with:
Photobucket
Have a great weekend! Join me on Monday when I link up with Kati and Kate for:
Incorporating Color

4 comments:

  1. I love Kati's "first" pics!!!! She doesn't look like she's aged at all since that senior photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks for visiting my blog (Love This Life) I'm following you now :)

    Spacebook! lol That is so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was her first day of teaching? I'm a teacher, 4th grade! The first couple days are always awesome and exhausting!!!

    Found you via High Five for Friday, and I can't wait to read more!

    Carly
    www.lipglossandcrayons.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good... you can read about it at http://incorporatingcolor.blogspot.com/

      Delete