1. Kati started her first day of school as a teacher... and when I asked her to take a 1st day of school pic... she did!
|1st day teaching!|
|Angsty Teen: 1st day of 4th grade|
Kati: 1st day of senior year
|1st day of kindergarten!|
2. I signed my geriatric father up on Spacebook.
|Keeping up with his two younger brothers... they're 80 and 76!|
Me: You're now on Facebook.
Him: Hey, I'm on Spacebook....
Me: Yep, you're on Facebook.
Him: Is it Spacebook?
Me: No, it's FACEbook.
Me: (Patting him on the face) It's FACE... FACEbook.
Him: Oh, okay... Spacebook.
Me: Yep.... Spacebook.
3. Yesterday after bringing my dad back from his PT appointment... my mom was napping and I got my dad down to nap... and this was sitting on the loveseat:
I could do it in five minutes, it would take my mom about 20 minutes...
So I reached out to grab a pair of my dad's knit shorts to fold.
I hesitated... I wondered if this was really a basket of clean clothes...
I gingerly touched the shorts on the leg...(that seemed safe) the shorts were a little damp... this really doesn't mean a thing... this could still have go either way!
Touched another pair... they were warm... again, that could mean anything...
Had to do the sniff test...
Yay! They were clean! Definitely a highlight of my week.
4. The Angsty Teen has been mostly pleasant this week.. okay... she was gone for over 12 hours a day with volleyball and marching band... but when she was here she was kind of pleasant...nuts, actually:
5. I bought Kati a subscription to Birchbox for her birthday last year... it is a great gift. Most of you know what it is... but if you don't know the recipient gets a box of fun makeup, beauty products, and some other things (some sample-sized and some full-sized) every month.
|If you want to sign up for Birchbox... let me know... I think I get something for getting people on board!|
|The box had lots of fun little things in it...|