Friday, August 31, 2012

High Five for Friday (Week 18)

Here it is already Friday again. So I get to tell you about the five highlights of my week!

1. The Stern German and I went to the Minnesota State Fair on Monday to watch the Angsty Teen march in a parade:
It was hot... and she didn't pass out... so that's good.
2. I met Princess Kay of the Milky Way at the fair and took a picture of her next to her butter bust... really... they carve a bust of each of the princesses out of 90 pound blocks of butter. Paula Deen would love this business...
She said she is going to freeze her butter likeness, melt it down,
and use it to butter corn next summer at a corn feed for her hometown.
3. I made sure the Stern German was well-fed and properly hydrated for our fair gig.

I used a Groupon deal at a Latin restaurant in Minneapolis for lunch before hitting the fair...
Lots of meat for the Stern German...
But the place was emply during prime lunch time... that's not a good sign... and afterwards my stomach was rumbling and not very happy...

It made me think I might be reliving a scene from the movie Bridesmaids.
(source)
Not this scene... but... 
(source)
THIS SCENE!
In the area of hydration, I had done my homework... and I knew that the Agriculture/Horticulture Building (I think that is the official name) had flights of Minnesota beers you could buy to sample:
His happy face...
His beer face!
4. We had the Stern German's grand boys for the evening last night.

I gave the youngest one a bucket... thought he might want to carry around toys with it...
Nope, he just wanted to wear it...
He is adorable.




Actually, I think he was just looking for a snack...
You don't get thighs like that by not snacking... trust me, I know.
The older grand boy and the Angsty Teen made "balfanoesch"...
they are a lot like volcanoes!
Gotta love baking soda, vinegar, & food coloring!

5. I survived freshmen orientation with the Angsty Teen (7th & 8th graders were added to the high school building this year... so they were there, too):
So many people and it was so disorganized...

Think you might be trying a little too hard
to be unique, Miss 7th Grader.
The Angsty Teen was getting directions to her locker... the boy behind her is an eighth grader... he isn't all that far away from her... I think she could eat him and she wouldn't even be full. (And I think his last name is Schmall... so that is unfortunately... or prophetic.)
Impressive looking thigh muscles, girl.
Clearly she didn't dress to impress.
Enjoy your long weekend! Hope you have some great plans... I really don't.

Linking up with:

Photobucket

Join me on Monday when I link up for:
Incorporating Color


3 comments:

  1. Hahaha OMG I hope you did not relive the scene from Bridesmaids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I seriously LOLed at the butter sculpture. I can't believe that is real life!

    I would love for you to stop by and say hi! leslyni.blogspot.com

    Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Oh you're doing it aren't ya? You're sh*ting in the street!"

    So hilarious and hope it wasn't THAT awful!

    ReplyDelete