Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tasty Tuesday!

Yesterday I told you about this big old batch of fried rice I made for the band picnic:
Now you see it...



now you don't!
Kati thought I should make the fried rice for the picnic because I could spend my afternoon chopping, slicing, dicing, and sauteing (things I love to do)... while drinking wine (something else I love to do!). 

She is so wise.
I am pretty sure this glass shrank in the dishwasher...
It just doesn't seem to hold as much wine as it used to.
Here is the recipe for Shrimp and Egg Fried Rice... I just noticed that it isn't Bobby Flay's recipe... guess I lied about that. It is Tyler Florence's recipe. (Those two seem slightly interchangeable to me.)
The official picture from Food Network.
I didn't add any shrimp to the mass quantity of fried rice I made for the picnic. I was trying to keep this teen-friendly and cheap!

And I really followed the recipe.. except for eliminating the shrimp... I think.

Oh, and I used low sodium soy sauce so I could give some to my geriatric parents.

And I added extra veggies.


Tonight my supper will consist of another batch of fried rice... with shrimp added to the adult servings along with egg rolls and crab rangoons. Yum. (Those are both from Aldi... hope they are delicious.)

I loved the Napa cabbage that the recipe called for... so much better tasting than bean sprouts... which you can only buy in the can in my little town... and so much cheaper than water chestnuts!

So we should have a wonderful Chinese dinner tonight! 

Now I am singing this song... (even though Chinese and Siamese are not the same thing... but they do rhyme!): (if it doesn't work just click on the "Watch on YouTube" wording...)


Now you will probably be singing this all day long... sorry! 

Time to pull out the chopsticks... and maybe experiment with a Singapore Sling or a Mai Tai!
Tuesdays at the Table


No comments:

Post a Comment