Friday, September 21, 2012

High Five for Friday (Week 21)

I can't believe I've been linking up with:
Photobucket
                    ...for HALF A YEAR! Time flies when you're having fun.

Here are the highlights from my week:

1. I met up with the Minnesota Bloggers and I got to meet MICHELLE!
It seems as if I owe her a glass of wine at the next event...
good job, oh You With the Delicate Touch!
2. I (finally) got a haircut!
3. Taking care of the pee cup was not my job! 
In the past week and a half I have had:

  • three regular doctors' appointments for my geriatric parents 
  • an Urgent Care visit with my mom
  • an Urgent Care visit with my dad
  • a visit to the ER with my dad
  • a pre-surgery appointment with my dad
  • an out-patient surgery appointment for my dad
  • a physical therapy session for my dad
  • two physical therapy sessions for my mom
  • a surgery follow-up appointment with my dad
  • multiple follow-up phones calls for both parents
  • a full day of appointments with the Stern German at the Mayo Clinic
  • a lab appointment with my dad
When we got to that last appointment and the lab person tried to hand me the above-pictured pee cup... I said, "Hell, no. That's not my job." Well, I said it in my head.

I just shook my head violently at the guy...I think I got whiplash... and pointed back at him. Gotta draw the line somewhere! I'm not touching the ding dong.

4. Last night was Parents' Night for volleyball for the Angsty Teen.

About an hour before the Angsty Teen had to be back to school for her game she told me she needed to stop and get us a card for Parents' Night.

I imagined we would go to Walmart... she wouldn't have any money... I'd have to give her money... to buy me a card... that then I would feel obligated to keep forever. Forget it.

I told her to just hand us the standard carnation and candy bar. (It's not my first time at the rodeo... I remember how this goes.)

But apparently, due to those damned budget cuts and in spite of our exorbitant activity fees and all of the not mandatory but really quite mandatory fundraising we are to engage in... there were only flowers and candy bars if the student bought them to give to their parents... or if the parents bought them to give to the student to give to their parents...

I told her to forget it... to just act like she likes us... I told her that would be enough of a gift for me... and well within my budget. (I figured giving me a box of wine would be frowned on...  I would've been happy to buy that for myself)
Nothing to give...
5. Kati's coming home for the weekend!
She was a drum major in high school and she is coming home to...
  • see her family (me) and a couple friends (also, me)
  • live out her lifelong dream of riding in a parade (at the big marching bad competition our town hosts this weekend... that lifelong dream may or may not be a real thing) 
  • sell her not-so-old cell phone to her sister
  • watch her sister in marching bad (well, maybe that's a reason)
  • let me ply her with good food and drink (gluten-free Snickerdoodles, anyone?)
Hope you have a great weekend! Check back on Monday when I link up with Kati and Kate for:
Incorporating Color

1 comment:

  1. I snagged the top spot? Aw! Never would have happened had it not been for my delicate touch (that one's gonna live a looong life!!).
    Cannot believe your week+ of doctor's appointments. I've said it before and I'll say it again - you, my dear, are a saint.
    Enjoy your weekend with your girlies!!

    ReplyDelete