Thursday, September 27, 2012

Kind of hating my life...

Thought it was gonna be a good day... no one peed their pants, no one shat their pants, no one fell...

Now it is 8:30 pm on Wednesday and it isn't such a good day anymore.

That's all I got...

All I want to do is scream and drink wine... not necessarily in that order...

But I have to be the responsible adult. Dang.

It really was a pretty good day... until 5:00 pm... so that's a big deal.

Then I lost any kind of time I thought I would have to finish anything... and I had started a big project.

Here's a little about my day...

This is the time the dog woke me up for the second day in a row... he is lucky to be alive (the Stern German is out of town so this is all me):
Damn dog.
I let the dog outside for a few minutes... brought him back in the garage... went back to bed... dog barked again... dealt with him again and put the bark collar on him... fell asleep for about 30 minutes... alarm went off... time to hang out with the Angsty Teen... made her a Spinach Fruit Smoothie... got her and two friends to band before 6:30.

Came home... tried to go back to sleep... dog started barking... went out to the garage... showed him the remote that goes to the bark collar... clicked the button that made it beep... he looked genuinely surprised... like he had forgotten that he had that thing on... he shut up and laid down. I guess he is smarter than I thought he was...

Fell back to sleep for about 40 minutes... alarm went off... soooo tired... finally got up... spent time with the four-legged beast... got ready for my day... went to see my geriatric parents... chatted for a few minutes... took my dad to work out... took my dad to Walmart... came back to their breakfast room and had him help me make some meatballs for meatball subs for supper tomorrow night.

(That makes my time with my father sound so easy... but I will give you more details another time.)

Got him down to lunch... said good bye... that is my favorite part... because it was only 12:30 when I got home and the Angsty Teen wasn't going to be home for several hours... and I was gonna tackle my closet.

This is one of those projects that has to get worse before it can get better... and it did. By the time I had everything out of the closet... and everything vacuumed and dusted... and it was time to start putting the two foot pile of clothes on my bed away in an orderly fashion... my house phone rang...

It was my mom... she needed some help...
The first sentence of this post wasn't really true anymore.
So, there went the rest of my night... between getting laundry in for my mom, getting their bed remade, heating up the Angsty Teen's supper, getting her to Walmart, getting my parents' stuff in the dryer, getting the Angsty Teen to a band sectional, fielding a phone call about a choir fundraiser, getting the loads out of the dryer and folded and put away, talking to the Stern German on the phone, chatting with Kati on the phone, trying to get my new phone to do a screen shot like my previous one did, spending quality time with the damn dog, spending time with the Angsty Teen, baking the meatballs, getting a load of my own laundry done, unpacking all the meatball making equipment, unloading the dishwasher, cleaning up the kitchen, loading the dishwasher, and finally getting a few things put away in my closet... the night was over... and I still hadn't written this post...

A lot of people tell me I will get my reward in heaven for all the help I'm giving my folks... but I think I would rather have cash... now... really. Please?

That's my night... my bed is heaped with clothes... my brain is tired... my dogs are barking... okay, really I just have one... and he is barking... time to go put him down... but just for the night...


Obviously MARvelous


No comments:

Post a Comment