Thursday, September 20, 2012

Making.... FRIENDS!

Guess what I am? Yep, that's right...
Minnesota Bloggers
Tuesday night I met up with a few other Minnesota bloggers! I drove 1 1/2 hours to get to them...
I was definitely going the right way during rush hour in Minneapolis!
A few of us met for a quick bite to eat before the main event:
The old lady and Kelly
Becky and (another) Kelly
Aren't they adorable? So young and perky... I walked in and told the hostess I was looking for a group of young women with thin bodies, glossy hair, & translucent skin. She immediately directed me to the booth where these beauties were sitting. Did I call that or what?

After dinner we drove over to the Paint Pub to meet up with a some more MN bloggers... 
What I was most looking forward to, besides hopefully not painting a picture that would turn out so poorly that they wouldn't let me take it home because they wouldn't want anyone to know where I got it, was meeting Michelle from You're my favorite today,

I've been reading her blog for a while and most days she makes me laugh out loud... and, yes, some days she makes me pee my pants just a little. (See told you I needed that sign from Walmart!)
Yay! We met!
We were the first two to belly up to the bar and get some wine... and by the time we had our second glass, my painting style (or lack thereof) was increasingly relaxed. 

The group had chosen to paint a picture of the Stone Arch Bridge in Minneapolis with the downtown skyline in the background.

I thought the basic outline would be sketched in for us... Kati and I had done something like this when we were in New Orleans for Mardi Gras over her spring break. Those pictures were lightly sketched in for us... but not these! 

What? Me? Paint a picture on a blank canvas? I could probably do an abstract version... but nothing that was supposed to actually look like a real thing.

I can hold my own in a game of Pictionary... but that's the extent of my artistic talent...

Michelle and I shared our painting table with these lovely young things:
Melissa and Dawn
And, surprise! At the end of the night my picture didn't totally suck! Woohoo!
A fine time was had by all...
The Minneapolis skyline? Mine is more of an approximation that an exact replica. (Where I live no one will know if I have an extra building or am missing a window.)

This was a great group of people to hang out with. Even though I'm old enough to be everyone's mother... well, except Michelle, I could be her (much) older sister... I had a great time.

On my long drive home I had to stop for gas. It took the person several minutes to finally get the pump flipped on for me. When I went in to pay I told her that I had a text that gives me $.05 off a gallon.

She looked at me and said, "Are you on pump seven?"

I turned to look at the pumps...
and said, "Aren't I the only one out there?" Girl, don't quit your job... pretty sure your options are limited.

Obviously MARvelous

5 comments:

  1. Can I please add "delicate touch" to your labels??
    Looking forward to getting together again ~ had such fun with you and all the girls (and btw-you might be able to be my 'older' sister, but not by much!).
    :) m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made the treck alll the way up to be with the group for the second meetup! Hope to see you apart of future gatherings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! I found you on the blog hop and I’m now following you! I’d love a follow back at http://www.sugarplumsandlollipops.blogspot.com and on Pinterest. I follow back all of my Pinterest followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized I wasn't following you yet, so here I am! It was nice to meet you Tuesday night and I'm looking forward to our next get together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was great to meet you! I'm glad you joined us for dinner before hand and I got to chat with you! I hope you're able to make it to future gatherings! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete