Monday, September 3, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Week 19)

Happy Labor Day! Hope your day requires you to not labor! (But if you're a mom... good luck with that business.)

That "Endless Shrimp" thing?
It wouldn't copy where I wanted
it to copy...and now it is here...
and I don't know how to get rid of it.

When I try to remove it, I lose every
picture in the post.

I'm such a skilled blogger.



Today I am linking up with Kati and Kate...
They are so adorable.
to bring you...
Incorporating Color
The Good:
School starts this week!

The Bad:
But not until Wednesday...

The Ugly:
I can't continue my first-day-of-school tradition I've worked at over the past eight years of drinking mimosas and reading the latest Janet Evanovich book.

(source)
Because:
1. She has no new book out this summer... but really? They are starting to sound the same anyway.
2. The last time I had a whole bottle of Asti in numerous mimosas... throughout an entire morning...it was a lot like having a colon cleanse...
3. I spend every morning with my geriatric father... can't stay home... unless I am sick.... hmmm.... maybe if I drink the mimosas earlier in the morning... I will be sick by the time I have to leave...

Probably not worth it...but maybe.

I need to come up with a new GBU list...

The Good:
Sangria... lots of Sangria!
Sunday night was better, by far, because of a pitcher of Sangria!
The Bad:
All weekend long whenever we went out my mother forgot to put her hearing aid in.... what?

We went to a neighboring town for dinner.... no hearing aid...

We went to church... no hearing aid... and the woman is not a quiet whisperer even when she can hear what's going on... so imagine how loud she whispers when she can't hear herself!
The Angsty Teen looks drugged... but I think she is just trying to be very patient....
The Ugly:
We ate at:

My geriatric parents wanted to take us out for dinner this weekend. They had a gift certificate to use at Red Lobster.
Endless Shrimp $14.99. It's back and better than ever! Try as much as you like, any way you like.

Endless Shrimp $14.99. It's back and better than ever! Try as much as you like, any way you like.
Endless Shrimp $14.99. It's back and better than ever! Try as much as you like, any way you like.
We loaded up a bariatric wheelchair, one silver metal walker, one rolling walker, The Kit, one Stern German, one Angsty Teen and took two vehicles to dinner.

The closest Red Lobster is about half an hour away. So we went there.... here is the GBU of the evening...

     The Good: No one peed their pants... yep, not even the Stern German. Yay!

     The Bad: We had to wait 20 minutes for a table... and we were there at 5:00 pm... but by the time we were seated people were having to wait for about an hour! Who would wait that long?

     The Ugly: I was surprised that so many people actually eat here. The salads weren't great, the seafood wasn't fantastic, and the atmosphere hasn't been updated since the 80s.

I could live a perfectly happy life if I never ate there again. Not impressive at all.

So that's the gist of my weekend. Hope you are enjoying your holiday!

Happy Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Wow - I love Red Lobster! Maybe it is because we live here at the Gulf and all seafood is pretty awesome in all the restaurants - I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That could definitely be the reason... I love good seafood, but here in land-locked MN... it's tricky to find!

      Delete
  2. Read Gone Girl. Ohmygosh. SO GOOD!

    ReplyDelete