Monday, September 17, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Week 21)

It's Monday morning... yay... I don't think I'm quite ready for another week to start.

But here are three events and The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly things about each one:

1. My stepdaughter had her baby!

The Good:
Everyone's healthy. It's another boy.
He's the runt of this pack at 9 lbs. 10 ounces... the others were over ten!

The Bad: I offered to bring them supper on Sunday night... and they took me up on the it.

The Ugly: Everyone pitched in to help...  and too many cooks spoil the broth...



Or maybe it doesn't!
Wine Time!
2. On Friday my dad and I made Cheesy Garlic Bread for everyone where he lives.

The Good: He was busy and had fun!             (and it was delicious!)




The Bad: He snacked quite a bit.



The Ugly: We had to re-sanitize frequently.

3. My geriatric father (and I) spent the greater part of Saturday in the ER:

The Good: Everything turned out okay... no blood clot in his leg.

The Bad: I had a whole afternoon planned in the Minneapolis area... so, no shopping, no Groupon lunch deal at a Greek restaurant, and no haircut for me... and I was too exhausted to drive...
Stern German behind the wheel...at least he doesn't look crabby... haha.
The Ugly: That would be me since I didn't get a haircut... it's been six months... Dang.
(source)
Hope your weekend was great. I will keep wearing my hair in a ponytail... and keep carving out Wine Time opportunities...



3 comments:

  1. You are the best daughter. Seriously. :)
    {are you coming to the MN blogger thing tomorrow? There'll be wine.}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just signed up! I have been planning on it for weeks... but just needed to see how everything was playing out here... see you tomorrow!

      Delete
  2. this looks like such a fun weekend. glad you got some family time in, even if there were a few bumps along the way! :)

    happy monday!

    xoxo, sarah grace

    ReplyDelete