Thursday, October 25, 2012

A Day in the Life...

Two days ago I had a long list of things in my head that I wanted to write about for today... now I can't remember what any of them were! Oops.  Sucks to suck... apparently.

I will just share a little about my day yesterday...

Took my father to work out... that makes it sound so simple...

When I checked back on him near the end of his time, I thought, "Where did he get the sweatband?"
He did a good job of working out!
Oops. Headphone fail. My bad...


Then we went back to his place and we were going to make some no-bake cookies.


See? They look pretty good... No-Bake Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies.

I thought my dad and I could whip up a batch of these little treats in the breakfast room and we could stay out of my mom's hair busy a while longer.

I brought a big bag with oatmeal, oat flour, and all the rest of the ingredients...

Here is the progression in pictures...
He did a great job of mixing... and he rarely licked his fingers... and when he sneezed I mostly got the bowl out of the way!

That big smile of his? Well, that had a lot to do with being happy that he had made something... and very little to do with how those things actually tasted.

His comment? "They're one step above awful." And, they were... just ever-so-slightly...

But when you are really hungry? You will eat almost anything! Actually I think the oats had softened a little by the time the Angsty Teen got home and the cookie tasted better by that time of the day.
So that recipe wasn't exactly one we will repeat... but next week? I will give you some secrets to making some great risotto! This was Mushroom, Peas, and Scallop Risotto. Yum.

I tried making it four different ways...
1. Oven No-Stir Method
2. Stovetop No-Stir Method
3. Robo-Stir Method (Really!)
and my personal favorite:
4. Drink-Multiple-Glasses-of-Wine-and-Stand-at-the-Stove-Forever-Stir Method

On Tuesday I will let you know which method(s) worked best!
Obviously MARvelous

1 comment:

  1. The smile on your Dad's face melts my heart! You are a wonderful daughter!
    I already think I would prefer method #4 on the Risotto, and it sounds awesome with the scallops!
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete