Thursday, October 11, 2012

Bring a Friend to Dance Night...

Here's a little glimpse into my life...

Tuesday of last week was "Bring a Friend to Dance Night" and one of the Angsty Teen's friends invited her.

If I  wanted to engage in battle I would've said "no". But, in four not-so-short years that girl will be on her one... (please???) and will be needing to make her own decisions. So I didn't ask any questions... and...

I decided to let her decide if she could handle adding one more thing to her week.

Not my problem if you're sleepy. Not my problem if you're totally wiped out. Not my problem if you have homework. Not my problem if you have band at 6:30 the next morning.

Well, in hindsight (and you know what they say about that business...) I should've asked a question or two... namely.. WHAT THE HECK TIME WILL YOU BE HOME?

Apparently it was "Bring a Friend to Multiple Dance Classes Night" and I just was just uninformed.

So the Angsty Teen got home kind of late... and since she had gone to volleyball practice right after school she still had homework to do... and laundry...

I'm a firm believer in teaching kids to do their own laundry at an early age. I think the Angsty Teen has been washing her own clothes since about third grade. Makes my life a whole lot easier.

I think this whole plan started with the Stern German not wanting to wait for me to get his clothes clean... so he started doing his own laundry. (Plus, picture the anal retentive German having me wash and match his socks... so many leftover socks each week. He's been doing his own laundry for about 15 years... and his socks always match up...  WIN/WIN!)

And I may or may not have shrunk one of Kati's favorite shirts years ago and she decided to do her own laundry... so now I only have to wash my own clothes.

So, back to the story... the Angsty Teen had thrown in a load of laundry before she had gone to the dance class... and since she was gone so long I decided to be kind and throw her clothes in the dryer.

I knew that she didn't want a few of her things in the dryer... so I kept them out and hung them up.

The Angsty Teen got home... and guess what? I suck at helping her... apparently.

She was mad that I had thrown her stuff in the dryer... even though I had kept out the shrinkable stuff... The Angsty Teen was doing her angsty thing in full force...  and five seconds later she was on another rampage because I didn't throw everything in the dryer.

What???

When she had gone down to the laundry room I said to the Stern German, "Let me get this straight... she's mad that I put some things in the dryer... but she's even madder that I didn't dry everything?"

"Yep, pretty much."

This, my dear friends, is why I drink.

But really.
Obviously MARvelous

No comments:

Post a Comment