Friday, October 12, 2012

High Five for Friday! (Week 24)

Yesterday I spent hours and hours with my geriatric father... and nearly depleted my stash of latex gloves and spare clothes... (should've brought my flask... except I was driving... wait, he was driving... me. in. sane.) This is a little of how it went:

"Do you need to go to the bathroom before we head out?" "Nope." "Would you try?" "I don't have to go." "Maybe we should wait until you go before we leave." "I DON'T HAVE TO GO." "Ok, let's head out." Ten minutes later, "I could use a bathroom kind of soon." AHHHHH!

"Kind of soon" is tricky to do when you are heading an hour away for an appointment... across a rural no man's land... I have a lot of bathrooms scoped out along the route... but I need more than five minutes notice... I'm good, but I'm not that good.

So that whole deal was definitely NOT a highlight of my week... here are some actual highlights:

1. I got to spend time with Kati... and the Angsty Teen hung out with us and was pleasant!
Last weekend was a blast. It easily won the Best Time at a Marching Competition Award!
Love these girls.
2. We took the Grand Boys to the Angsty Teen's away volleyball game... they were kind of interested... They liked the books we brought...  They loved the snacks we brought! (You don't get thighs like that one year old by not eating your snacks!)
Gpa needs to show that boy how to wear a cap.
Those thighs are so much cuter on him than they are on me!



3. I made some delicious gumbo with sausage, shrimp, and chicken. Perfect for a cold night! 
(Look at all that good cayenne pepper... warmed me right up!)
4.  This morning I am making hot chocolate for the band for their last morning of outdoor practice.

The temperature will have hit about 21 degrees last night... so it will be a little chilly for them at 6:15 am. As soon as the girl leaves, I will start making hot chocolate for 120 people! (Shhh.... it's a surprise... I want her to be as surprised as everyone else!)
I like this clip from the Polar Express...
5. My last highlight is that the Stern German is gearing up for a hunting trip... the house is gonna be a little quiet... there is one less person needing my time/attention for a few days... and I might just get a chance to go visit Kati!
(source)
So those are the highlights of my week... Join me on Monday when I link up with Kati and Kate for:
Incorporating Color

2 comments:

  1. That gumbo looks delicious! Yum! You should post a recipe for it, if you haven't already! I know my hubby would just love something like that!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    - Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that Sara! The gumbo looks crazy good!

    LKF @Bmore Domestic

    ReplyDelete