Monday, October 8, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Week 24)

 It was such a good weekend... and I'm linking up with Kati and Kate to tell you about it.

Here is the GBU of my weekend... which involved a lot of marching band fun.

The Good:
We took first in our class in parade!
Kati joined me me for the field show competition!                                   We met here for lunch:


We had lunch at Khorasan Kabob (not the Korean Kabab... that wouldn't make any sense!)
 in Sioux Falls, SD.
I found it on urbanspoon.com.
Appetizer of Stuffed Grape Leaves... 
We split an order of Butter Chicken Makhan

 I really like Urbanspoon for finding unique restaurants or good happy hour deals in unfamiliar towns. This place had a really high percentage of "likes" and it ended up being a good choice. The appetizer was fair... only because we didn't love the flavor of the grape leaves... but the Butter Chicken Makhan was delicious!
Khorasan Kabob House on Urbanspoon
I am linking my comments up their site... I think!
We took first in our class for field show!
Then we had to play in a competition with the top ten bands in the evening show... I think we took 5th place... against all the big, big, big bands! Good job, band. (And we took the Sweepstakes Award because of our combined parade/field show scores... none of the bigger bands were in the parade...)

AND everyone was respectful, responsible, and fun to be around! (Pretty sure there'll be hell to pay for that today... The Angsty Teen can only be nice for so long... and there's no school today... so...)
The Bad:
It was really cold and windy!
Layer upon layer...
so much winter gear on... 
But we had lots and lots of excellent hot chocolate that we brought over from our hotel which may or may not have had a little something extra in it to keep us warm!

The Ugly:

It was a really, really, really long day.

After having our kids get to school by about 4:30 am, driving three hours, doing the parade in the morning, the field show in the afternoon, and making it to the top ten and doing the field show again at 8:30 pm we still had the "Thank You" concert in the parking lot by the buses at about 10:30 pm.

Too long of a day... Kati was getting a little punchy...

It was a great weekend... hope you had a good one as well! (I played around a little with PicMonkey... it was kind of fun.)
Incorporating Color

2 comments:

  1. PicMonkey IS fun!!!

    Love this recap! Congrats to the band!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was cold this weekend! As much as I love putting on my warm clothes I don't know if I love doing it so soon in the year it can't be time for hats and gloves already!

    ReplyDelete