Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Who? Who?

A while ago I pinned these cute little cupcakes on Pinterest:

I thought they were great... and they looked pretty simple to make, too.

Today I baked up a batch of chocolate cupcakes and since the Grand Boys were coming over and the Angsty Teen would be home from play practice while the boys were here... it seemed like a good time to make these little woodsy creatures.

Here's the basic supplies:
             CUPCAKES!                       M&Ms                   Chocolate Frosting         Oreo-type cookies
Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Classic Chocolate frosting is the only chocolate frosting I use.... so good.
If you are going to do these with small children... or maybe even with just yourself... here are a few tips to keep in mind.

1. Oreos or Oreo-type cookies just don't split that nicely... I am assuming the person who made these little buggers scraped off all the little chocolate crumbs to make them look pretty. Seriously? Who has the time to do that? Maybe she just liked off the crumbs... I should've tried that.

2. There just aren't that many brown M&Ms in a regular size package... we ended up with some very creative eye colors.
3. Apparently it is really tricky to get the eyes perfectly lined up.
4. Clearly this little guy had been partying a little too hard the night before...

             We made treats.                                  We ate treats.                        We were in sugar comas.

Yep, I think we nailed it:






So... anything you've tried from Pinterest that has turned out fine enough... but not that great?

Photobucket



I also linked up with Kate With an E: You're Gonna Love It! (But I couldn't find the button.)

3 comments:

  1. This made me laugh out loud! Your little owls look adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha! Nailed it! They look so yummy and cute!

    ReplyDelete