Thursday, November 15, 2012

Chocolate Ecstasy

We bought this house about nine years ago... and the main thing we have done is remodel the kitchen. I love my kitchen. I love everything about it... except it would be nice if it were a little bigger... but I especially my six burner gas cooktop and my double ovens.

Since I love to cook a lot of different things those appliances get used a lot. In just the past four days I have made over 200 cupcakes, one small cake, Eggs Benedict with homemade Hollandaise Sauce, an Angel Food Cake from scratch, two batches of fried potatoes, roasted asparagus and brussel sprouts, Latin Black Bean Chicken soup, and more stuff that I can't even think of at the moment.

Right now it is 10:00 at night. I'm tired. I'm almost done for the night. Gotta frost a small cake and about 36 cupcakes for the Angsty Teen... then I am going to do something for me.

Aren't you proud of me?

A couple of days ago I wrote about my relationship with Bailey... well, Bailey's... Irish Cream....(you may read about that here). One of the comments I had that day was from Michelle at You're my favorite today. (She's hilarious... and if you haven't read her blog, you should.)

Anyway, she told me that Bailey's gorgeous younger brother Mint was also a tasty treat for the senses and she proceeded to give me a recipe for an amazing sounding drink.

Here's what Michelle said:

The brother named Mint is delicious. And if you want to enjoy the men a bit more - you just gotta add a little somethin' somethin'. 

1 1/2 parts Baileys (I'll leave the 'parts' measurement up to you)
1 1/2 part vodka
1/2 part Godiva Chocolate Liqueur

Freeze glass for 10 min.
Make a pretty design on cold glass with Hershey's syrup (or just dump some in)
Shake and pour

I promise, you'll rekindle that romance REAL fast. 

Then she sent me this picture on Facebook:
This looks fantastically wonderful!
So I went running... well, not literally, you know me... to the liquor store to restock my Bailey's supply and get that Godiva Chocolate Liqueur she was talking about...

Such wonderful nectar does not exist in my town. Dang.

But as I chatted with the lady at the store, she suggested a different liqueur... When she showed it to me, I realized I already had that one at home for when Kati and I made boozy shakes earlier in the year.

Before I started typing this post I put a glass in the freezer... in order to finish this post I am going to go make this drink! I'll get back to you in a couple minutes.

Okay, here is a picture of my ingredients:
I used regular Bailey's... 
I shook all those ingredients in my cocktail shaker... which makes me very happy... just listening to the sound of the ice chilling my drink as I shake it makes me smile... and... it's kind of a good upper body workout... well, maybe that's a stretch for most of you... it's a good upper workout for someone who's not in very good shape.

After a minute or two....
Beautiful enough for me!
So how does it taste?

The romance is alive and well. Thanks, Michelle!

I only wish I had a snout so I could lick all the chocolate out of the inside of the glass... is that bad?
Obviously MARvelous

4 comments:

  1. I have totally licked the chocolate drizzle from the bottom of my chocolate martini glass before, and my blog is called "CLASSY living", so I'm pretty sure you can too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks AMAZING!

    And my recommendation, since you don't have a snout, would be to use your fingers. That's what I do - even when I've ordered chocolate martinis at bars and restaurants. :)

    - Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you let it settle to the bottom, just add a shot of Baileys and swirl it around a bit. Need any more alcohol tips? haha. Thanks for the shout out - maybe I should do a martini post as the holidays near. Better get right on the research...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you LOOOOOVE double ovens?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete