Friday, November 23, 2012

High Five for Friday! (Week 30)

How was your Thanksgiving? Ours was pretty good!

Here are five the best parts of my week... in no particular order...

1. Kati's home, her back is better, and we did our own version of a Turkey Trot race...

The Angsty Teen and I walked and Kati ran...we saw two bald eagles....
That was pretty cool.
... it was a beautiful day to walk/run around the lake.



2. Thanksgiving dinner was pleasant... a little drink beforehand helped tremendously....
Grandma loves it when we all wear lipstick...
3. This week had some beautiful days! Really? 70 degrees in late November?

My garden boy got my tulips planted... all 80 bulbs... in clumps around the front steps.
He's not all that stern.
Wasn't so sure this would get done yet this year!

4. We don't really need any of the major deals at Walmart on the Black Friday sale!

Instead of being in line for about three hours like we were last year waiting for a big ticket item... we just really wanted movies and a few other small things this year.

It was kind of like White Trash Day at Walmart... but really. White Trash Day and a high school reunion for Kati all rolled into one... well maybe more of a middle school reunion because lots of these kids didn't graduate from high school.

Saw several people that looked like they could be related to Honey Boo Boo's mom...

I'm pretty sure that compared to a lot of the people we saw at Walmart... we all look pretty good... all the time.

5. I'm glad that my daughters have integrity.

Specifically, this whole linkup stealing thing is crazy... This is something that Kati and Kate have been dealing with this week.

It's unbelievable to me that someone upon being told that the same exact linkup they just started was one that someone else had been doing for seven months... wouldn't cease and desist... or take someone up on their offer to co-host the existing linkup...

or that they think because they have more followers that they can do what they want.

I'm glad most bloggers aren't like this... but it leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you come across people like that.

Oh well. I hope you have a great weekend. Happy Friday!
Photobucket
Join me on Monday when I link up with Kati and Kate for their original:
Incorporating Color
If you have a blog, feel free to link up with them... tell us all about the GBU of your weekend!

2 comments:

  1. 80 bulbs? That's impressive. I think I attempted to plant 7 bulbs last year, and only 2 of them bloomed. :/

    Please stop by sometime and say hello! leslyni.blogspot.com

    Have a great weekend!

    xoxo
    Les

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I haven't heard too many stories of bloggers being mean like that which is heartening! Definitely didn't do any Black Friday shopping (doesn't really exist in Australia, and even when I was living in the US I wasn't that into it!)

    ReplyDelete