Monday, November 19, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly! (Week 30)

Oh, Monday.... you show up way too quickly... for people who like weekends.

Actually, my weekend was pretty good. The Angsty Teen decided that having a birthday party was important to her and so she was willing to help get the basement cleaned up...

She also decided that she wanted to have her friends come up into her room... and I said that they would probably need to use her bathroom... so both of those rooms got cleaned up as well.

That was so much easier than haranguing her day in and day out over the past few months about picking up her room or bugging her all week to clean up the bathroom upstairs because Kati is coming home for Thanksgiving. When the Angsty Teen wants to do something in life motivation runs high.

In telling you about my weekend I'm linking up with Kati and Kate to bring you:
Incorporating Color
The Good:
The Angsty Teen wanted a Husker cake... and she is more of an approximist then me!

As much as I thought the cake just looked almost fine enough... before I could tweak it, the Angsty Teen came home from school, saw the cake, and declared it to be fantastic!

The Bad:
The Angsty Teen has an autobiography to read... before Tuesday.

She has had it for weeks... but she isn't even 1/4 of the way done.
Not much reading going on...

No reading going on...
But the good news? I don't care if she gets it done or not. This is not my deal. Really.

The Ugly:
Splash of Whine? No, this was more like a Vat of Whine... or a Tanker Car of Whine!

(source)

(source)





The Angsty Teen came into the kitchen and pulled out her loud, nasally, whiney, dramatic voice and loudly wailed, " Maahhhhhhhhm." (Who knew "mom" was a three syllable word?) "I doooon't waaannaah reeeaaad thiiis booooook!"  (She could go pro.)

I just looked at her and said, "You don't have to read the book. It doesn't make any difference to me if you get it done."

That took all the fun out of the whining fit for her...  and she spent most of Sunday afternoon... READING!

She now only has 35 pages out of over 350 to read on Monday and I didn't have to manage her time/day at all.

Some days I'm a pro.

5 comments:

  1. I love that cake! No one has ever made me a Husker cake... :) I think you did a lovely job!

    - Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha that is funny, all it takes is some people coming over that she doesn't want to see her mess and it is gone within a matter a couple hours...I do the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake ISSSS fantastic!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hat a great cake! By the way I nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check it out on my blog, Homelife-Sara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete