Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Other Man...

I met you so many years ago... nearly thirty. Wow, time flies. I was so impressed when I met you on that cruise. Three Greek islands in one day... on a smallish sized boat... and and the weather did not cooperate. 

Well,  the weather did not do what I had expected it to or hoped it would do. You, on the other hand, seemed fine with the weather. Actually, as I think back to that day, you probably had been hoping and planning for a cold, rainy day just like that one. I was so cold. Chilled to the bone.

You were smooth... you warmed me up... and make me feel a little reckless and crazy. What a wonderful few hours I spent with you... I thought I would never forget you... the way you made me feel... the way you warmed my lips... the way you warmed all of me from head to toe. 

I planned to remember you always.

But life got busy. I graduated from college. I got married. I had a child. I had an ex-husband. I was a single parent. I was remarried. I had step-kids. I had another child. I had to deal with an ex-husband with a nucking futz wife. I dealt with crazy visitation schedules. I woke up every night for years trying to remember who was sleeping in my house that particular night.

I was busy. I forgot all about you. I'm sorry. That's not how I planned it.

Apparently I thought about you last year... for a short time... for a weekend or two... but then things were busy and you were shuttled to the back of my mind

Last night I decided to reconnect with you... and I found that as much as I loved the taste of you...  you didn't have much to give.

I sit here saddened by the fact that even though I thirst for more you are really gone...  This seems sad, cruel.. maybe even heartbreaking... 

But I did just notice something... something quite interesting... 

I see that you have a few very handsome brothers... I think I might try to get to know them. 

You wouldn't mind, would you, Bailey?
(source)
(Seriously? The bottle's empty? Dang... it works better than cough syrup...)


2 comments:

  1. The brother named Mint is delicious. And if you want to enjoy the men a bit more - you just gotta add a little somethin' somethin'.

    1 1/2 parts Baileys (I'll leave the 'parts' measurement up to you)
    1 1/2part vodka
    1/2 part Godiva Chocolate Liqeur

    Freeze glass for 10 min.
    Make a pretty design on cold glass with Hershey's syrup (or just dump some in)
    Shake and pour

    I promise, you'll rekindle that romance REAL fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, i love this and I love Bailey's...so, so good!

    ReplyDelete