Monday, November 26, 2012

The (REAL) GBU! (Week 31)

Hey, it's Monday... and time for me to once again link up with Kati and Kate to bring you The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of my weekend!
Incorporating Color
If you want to read about the crazy drama about this link up last week, click on Kati's name and/or Kate's name and read their blogs today.

1. It was Thanksgiving!

The Good: Kati was home and it was fun to be together.
The Bad: We ate Thanksgiving dinner where my parents live... but my folks liked the food.
Never did get a picture of all of us.. but look at the beauties with lipstick on...
Lots of sub-par food... or should I say lots of soft food? The dinner came over from the nursing home... not so good... turkey roll, creamed corn, institutional dressing, instant mashed potatoes, and canned gravy! (Sometimes I take shortcuts... I really like Stove-Top Stuffing... but this was lacking.)

The Ugly: So many dishes.
At least these are all clean!
I cooked a lot of food over the past few days: two turkeys that we could have for supper one night... with lots of great leftovers, mashed potatoes, dressing, Eggs Benedict, vegetable curry, turkey hot dish, turkey stock, lasagna, gluten-free lasagna... so much good food.
veggie curry
2. The Stern German planned a surprise party for my birthday.

The Good: Several of my friends met us at my favorite Mexican restaurant. 
Another Good: My birthday isn't for a month... and I can relax now!
I wouldn't love a big surprise party... that sounds kind of exhausting.
My girls at my party...
The Bad: The Stern German had given one of my friends the cash for the bill. 
Why is this bad? Well, all the women were super-impressed with his plan...but their husbands will be mad at him because their wives are swooning over the Stern German's plan... and wanting their men to be so generous and thoughtful.

The Ugly: One of my friends was already pretty much feeling no pain by the time she got there. 
That didn't go so well... you know you've had way too much to drink if your friends replace your margarita with a little margarita and mostly ice water... and you don't notice.
mostly water...
3. The person I've been linking up with on Wednesdays apparently gave me a three hour deadline to change my post from last Friday... because my post was negative. 

The Good: I didn't actually check my email for several days... so by the time I read the threat I didn't even have to deal with it!

The Bad: I probably wouldn't have changed anything anyway... 

The Ugly: This whole situation has shown me a less-than-positive side of blogging.

Oh well, I never got that many page views as a result of that link up anyway. And if you consider one bad interaction with three bloggers out of the hundreds and hundreds of great blogs out there... it's a pretty great group of people!

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving weekend! If you have a blog, consider linking up with:
Incorporating Color

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun weekend! Kinda crazy about that blogger micro managing what you wrote. Now I wanna go back and re-read it. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to make some good food to eat and have plenty of leftovers. Even though the dinner form the nursing wasn't the best at least you were all together :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the margarita picture on twitter and was SUPER confused. That's hilarious, though!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malaysia & Singapore & brunei best on the internet blogshop for wholesale & quantity korean accessories, accessories, earstuds, locket, rings, bracelet,
    bracelet & hair accessories. Offer 35 % wholesale price cut. Ship Worldwide
    Here is my site - salt lake city locksmith

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's the best time to make some plans for the long run and it is time to be happy. I have read this post and if I may just I want to suggest you few attention-grabbing things or suggestions. Maybe you can write subsequent articles referring to this article. I want to read more things about it!
    Also visit my blog post Special Effects

    ReplyDelete