Thursday, November 8, 2012

This is my life.

I know I'm not the only one with challenges... but at the end of the day... when I'm exhausted... or exhaustipated... which really sums things up perfectly... and haven't accomplished nearly half of what I had hoped to do...

I am overwhelmed. Completely and utterly overwhelmed.

To get the full experience of part of my day... read this as fast as you can... because that's how I talk.... reallyreallyreallyreallyfast. And that probably helps me fit a little more into my day...

Got up at 6:00 am... after a restless night trying to sleep with a bit of a runny nose and cough.

Took the Angsty Teen to school after picking up two other friends that had to be there for marching band (This is the week of our big, major, pretty impressive indoor marching show.) and dropped them all at the band doors before 6:23 am.

Drove home... so tired.  Thought I might go back to sleep... didn't happen. Laid there thinking about all the stuff I should be doing... and all the junk I have to deal with regarding my parents and their lives.

Got up. Decided to work on a project.

A few months ago I brought a table into the bedroom to use for makeup and stuff. Since then it has become a collection point for anything and everything... so I spent an hour emptying it off, dusting it, and trying to deal with all the junk.

I made a nicely organized mess on the bed.

Oh, it was getting late. Time to make coffee, shower, get dressed, try to fix hair and make up so as to look slightly presentable... and head to my parents' place.

Wait. Supper tonight was going to be scrambled eggs and cinnamon rolls.. quickly got out the bread machine and put the ingredients in for a sweet dough for the rolls. Put all the stuff away again...

Remembered that I was going to take stuff so my geriatric, bariatric father and I could make dehydrated apples today. Ran down to the old basement, found the dehydrator, packed it in a laundry basket along with a big bowl of old apples.

Packed a bag w/knives, cutting boards, dish cloths, & various miscellaneous stuff... and headed out.

Realized that I had brought my Bag of Necessities into the house to organize last night. Ran back in. Found the bag...gotta have The Kit...

Sometime in there I let the dog out... and hooked him up again. And I read two blogs.

Got to my parents' house. Chatted... and dealt with dirty eyeglasses, Walmart lists, and plans for the day. Thought I would say I could stay for lunch... but then I remembered that my mom had an appointment with an eye doctor in the afternoon in the neighboring town. Decided staying for lunch was a bad plan since my afternoon was going to be kind of busy.

Took my dad to Walmart... but first he had to use the bathroom before we left. Yay! Not my deal!

Took my Bag of Necessities and my dad in the wheelchair... with him holding his walker... to the elevator, down to main floor, and to the front door.

Went out and started their car. Got my dad out to the car. Set his brakes. Unfolded his walker and handed it to him. Got the door open for him. Got him to the door. Got him in the car. Got his walker in the back seat. Got my Bag of Necessities into the car. Took the wheelchair back in to the building and left it in the entryway. Back to the car.

Got in the car and drove to Walmart... totally forgot that I had told my mom that I would stop over at the attached nursing home and talk to the hair lady about changing my mom's hair appointment for Thursday. Damn.

Drove to Walmart. Parked the car. Went in and got the wheelchair with the front basket. Came out. Got the walker, got my geriatric, bariatric father out of the car... into the wheelchair. Folded up the walker and put it back in the car. Grabbed the Bag of Necessities and put it on the back of the chair. Locked the car. Used my cool, purple carabiner to clip the keys to the handle of my Bag of Necessities. It is so much easier to find the keys again if I take a few seconds to do this.

Into Walmart... bought  a few more apples,  ran to the family restroom for a bathroom stop, bought pop for my mom, a couple of things for my family...

Went through the checkout. Realized that the cashier didn't see the coupon on the twelve pack of pop... and spent about five minutes waiting for that to get resolved.

Not a huge deal but I started getting nervous when my geriatric, bariatric father said he didn't need to use the restroom before we left since we had already been there nearly 45 minutes.

Got out to the car. Was moving kind of quickly because I knew that soon there would be a need for a bathroom stop.

Got out the walker, opened it up, set the brakes on the wheelchair, got the goods unloaded, got the basket flipped open, got the man up and into the car. Folded the walker and got it in the car... loaded up the Bag of Necessities and took the wheelchair back into the store.

Got to the car... my geriatric, bariatric father asked me how long until we are back to his place. I said... about five minutes.. "Do you need to go to the bathroom?"

"Yeah, but I can wait." That's what he said... made me nervous. Raced back to his place... no time to stop at the nursing home to talk to the lady about my mom's hair appointment.

MADE IT TO THE BATHROOM ON TIME!!! Trust me, it's a big deal.

Took my dad through the block-long passage way to the nursing home to talk to the hair lady. Chatted with several aides and a nurse or two that had worked there earlier this year when my dad was in the nursing home after his stroke. Made arrangements with the hair lady for my mom to come later on Thursday.

Pushed him back to his building. Started the process of washing hands, washing apples, slicing/dicing $ dehydrating apples.
Yep, gave the blind guy a knife.
Four trays of apples to dehydrate...
Finished in time for him to go to the bathroom again, check his blood sugar, and get his insulin. Then I pushed him down to lunch... said good-bye and told my mom I would be back in less than two hours to get her for her doctor's appointment.

I'm exhausted just telling you about this...

How do I get my life back? Wait... not so sure I ever really had one of my own... Hmmm... I will have to think about that.

My day just continued to be crazy. Getting my mom, driving to a nearby town, going to the doctor's appointment, dropping her off, parking the car, getting in to join her, talking to the doctor, setting up a appointment for her cataract surgery, setting up four other appointments for pre- and post-op stuff, getting her to the doorway, getting the car, loading her and her walker up, calling the Chinese restaurant in my town and placing an order, getting the food picked up for their supper, and getting my mom home again. All of this took about 3.5 hours.

I made three attempts to call the seamstress who is going to hem some sweatpants for my dad... tried to clean the garbage out of my parents' car... called a friend...

When I got home, after stopping for gas because my car said I could only go 20 more miles, the Stern German was deer hunting... but only for about twenty more minutes and the Angsty Teen wasn't home from school yet. She had been buying supplies and making motivational posters for and with her section for band.

When she did come home, she had about twenty minutes to to eat supper (the supper that didn't really go all that well in the making)...
change clothes, and get to youth group at church... also she gave me a spool of sequined pink stretchy ribbon as she headed out the door and asked me to hot glue five headbands by tomorrow.

Well, it is now 10:20 pm. The headbands are hand sewn... because hot glue wouldn't really be that great of a box of wine ran dry...
Sucks to suck...
and I am really, really, tired.

The Angsty Teen just finished her homework and finished trying on the sweatpants and yoga pants that came in the mail from American Eagle today. She thanked me profusely for the headbands... and she is heading off to bed.

I really want to go to bed.

I've already run my dishwasher twice today, made supper which included a batch of cinnamon rolls, spent about 7 hours with my parents, accomplished about 1/3 of an organizational project which is now off the bed and laid out around the room... the apples are nearly done in the dehydrator... and...

As I read back through this post... I realized that I forgot to mention a lot of things that I did today... life is tiring...

Might be time to call it a day... but first I have to deal with the apples, turn off lights, lock doors, take off eye makeup, wash face, use toner, moisturize, brush and floss... well, you know the drill.

Pretty sure the Stern German just pees and lays down... so not fair...

I need to be done with my day... not gonna proofread this again...

Oh, wait... the Angsty Teen just came tromping back down the stairway... wondering if I have seen her band shoes... oh, yes, I went skiing yesterday... those big, old size twelves worked perfectly well... just kidding... haven't seen them.

"Do you need help looking for them?" I asked. (In my head I'm going... no, no, no... you don't want me to help you....because I'm smart enough to know that wouldn't be beneficial... and also smart enough to know that I at least get bonus points for asking) and she said no.

After ten minutes of looking she said, "Now I know where I saw them." "Where?" I asked.

She replied, "I put them away."

That'll get you every time.

This. is. my. life. Trying to do too much most days and not feeling like I accomplished anything.

Thanks for stopping by. I'm going to bed. Gonna try to figure out how to do less tomorrow... wait, that's probably not a real thing.
Obviously MARvelous


  1. You. Are. A. Saint.

    I seriously could not do what you do, day in and day out!

  2. Sally, you NEED to go away for a nice long weekend by yourself. Just do it. No one will benefit when you are in the funny farm. I am serious! God Bless You.

  3. Hi, Neat post. There's an issue with your web site in internet explorer, would check this? IE nonetheless is the market leader and a good part of other folks will pass over your great writing due to this problem.
    Feel free to surf my website ; Teen porn - Sex - Free Porn Pussy

  4. Good day! This post could not be written any better!

    Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate!
    He always kept talking about this. I will forward
    this write-up to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read.

    Thank you for sharing!
    Also visit my blog post :: naked teens

  5. Great post. I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed!
    Extremely useful info specially the last part :) I care for such information much.
    I was seeking this particular info for a very long time.
    Thank you and best of luck.
    my web site :: Public Nakedness

  6. Malaysia & Singapore & brunei greatest online blogshop for wholesale
    & quantity korean accessories, earrings, earstuds, necklace, rings, bracelet,
    bangle & hair add-ons. Offer 35 % wholesale discount. Ship Worldwide
    Feel free to visit my webpage ; cerveau

  7. Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thank you so much, However I am having issues with your RSS.
    I don't know the reason why I can't join it. Is there anybody else having the same RSS issues?
    Anyone that knows the answer can you kindly respond? Thanx!
    Feel free to surf my web-site ... Genital Warts Cure

  8. Howdy, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just curious
    if you get a lot of spam remarks? If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you can suggest?
    I get so much lately it's driving me crazy so any help is very much appreciated.
    Feel free to visit my web-site : web hosting delhi

  9. That is really interesting, You are a very professional blogger.
    I've joined your rss feed and sit up for in the hunt for more of your fantastic post. Also, I have shared your site in my social networks

    my web-site - cheapest california auto insurance