Friday, December 7, 2012

High Five for Friday!

It's Friday... and I'm hoping to have a day where I don't do a whole lot of anything.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm bad at not doing anything... but my goal is to not take care of anyone but myself today... or at least for a while.

Since it's Friday I'm gonna give you the highlights of my week:

1. I'm at Kati's for the weekend!

We are celebrating her birthday... or just hanging out... for the next few days...

Yes... I did bring a lot of alcohol... but really it's only because who knows what we will feel like drinking? Not me, so in the spirit of the Stern German who was never a boy scout but totally adheres to the motto of "Be Prepared"... I am prepared.
Also gonna make great coffee for myself!
2. The Stern German had a doctor's appointment at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester and he got a good report... he's gonna live a while yet... dang. Just kidding...

Going with him was so much easier than taking my parents on the hour drive and maneuvering wheelchairs and walkers throughout the entire place.

I do like seeing these gorgeous glass creations hanging from the ceiling in the Gonda building. If you have to go there look for them.
Octopi?
3. I figured out how to put music on my ipod...finally.

Yes... I've had it for over four years...

No... I've never taken the time to deal with it...

Kati gifted me with her old ipod... and since technology kind of never really works out for me...  I just played the music she had on it... and never put my own on there.

Also, it was kind of full so there wasn't room for any more music.

Last night I figured out how to keep music on my itunes deal (I don't know what to call it...) and remove some songs from my ipod... plus I put my Christmas CDs on my itunes thingy...  and got them on my ipod AND created a Christmas playlist and got that on there! Wow.... I'm so hip and cool... or not... because I just used the phrase "hip and cool!" Dang.

I still have a really hard time shutting my ipod off... I do what Kati does... and it just stays on... technology isn't really my best friend.

4. My Christmas decorations are done... enough.

Stephanie from Bourbon and Glitter commented that wine makes everything look better. She's right... everything looks better with wine... and also? Everything looks better through the right glasses! :)
My favorite glasses to look through!
5. I was able to make my parents' anniversary kind of special... the day after their anniversary.
They're in a beautiful vase... one that will look good with my decor.
I had ordered a cake for them to share with all everyone at lunch... but my mom was sick on their anniversary... and didn't go down for lunch...fortunately she didn't have to go to the ER this time (gall bladder stuff, maybe?).

Ended up getting the cake and flowers there for Wednesday's lunch. She appreciated all of it... and love the flowers that my geriatric, bariatric father chose for her... well, he did a good job of staying in the car while I went in to pick them up...

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I really like your blog! I'm a new follower from the Follow Friday blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts almost always crack me up - thanks for that!

    Have a wonderful weekend in The Good Life with Kati!

    - Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!!!!I found your blog through the blog hop:) I'm Hanna and I love making new friends!!! I am your newest GFC follower:) Happy Holidays. Hope to see you soon. You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xooxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. I like that you are prepared for any drinking occasion. Found you through Follow Friday!
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great Katie and you weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha those are the best glasses to look through! I love how "prepared" you and Kati are, you're going to have such a great weekend. I'm a little jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I can't believe you just found out how to put music on your ipod! That made me laugh! You are a hoot! (: I really like that glass too!! It looks so cool in those lights!
    Found you from the H5FF Link up! You can find me here:
    http://www.alyssadawsonblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you're gratified that your Christmas tree is decorated!! I am breathing a sigh of relief having just finished my holiday decorations. It's a lot of work!!

    I'm a new follower. Come visit our Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you haven't already!! It's a great and easy way to get followers to your lovely blog/website or to your Twitter/Facebook, etc...
    Link up your website and pages too! Aloha Friday Blog Hop {HERE}

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you had a great weekend with Kati!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you certainly do travel prepared! Hope it was a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete