Friday, December 28, 2012

High Five for Friday!

It is time for me to tell you the five best parts of my week... so, in no particular order, here we go!
Photobucket
1. Today is my birthday!
I am 50 years old... and that's kind of hard to believe. I don't feel a whole lot different than I did 20 years ago... well, I do feel a whole lot wiser... but 50? Dang, that doesn't seem possible.
A little surprise party for me on Christmas...
Having a birthday so close to Christmas has always been... interesting.

And the best news is that the Stern German already pulled off a little surprise party with four of my friends... so I don't have to worry about that happening on a larger scale... Yay!

2. We had several different Christmas celebrations... and they were all pretty good!
Love the Phat Boy! (And he loves me...
because I feed him!)
My mommy and me


Kati and the newest Grand Boy 
3. Kati, the Angsty Teen, and I had a lot of fun at the cooking class last night.
The class that Kati and I went to a year ago was so much better... but the Angsty Teen pulled through with a good attitude and the guys at our table were hilarious. Our group totally owned the recipes we made... but the class itself was lacking. (I probably shoulda bought the wine pass!)
Some of the members of SEAL Team Six... or SEAR Team Six...
I've heard it both ways.
The Angsty Teen was really sweet and a lot of fun to be around!

4. I bought myself a great pair of Nine West boots for my birthday!
From the clearance section of DSW!


5. Kati's time home has been nice.
I knew that the two of us would be fine... but sometimes Too Much Togetherness Syndrome afflicts my daughters after a few days... especially the younger child.

Too Much Togetherness Syndrome hit the Angsty Teen a little yesterday... but in about ten minutes' time she snapped out of it... that might've been a Christmas miracle... or just her love of money... she didn't want to have to pony up $50 to pay for her portion of the cooking class.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Join me on Monday when I link up with Kati and Kate to bring you The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of my weekend... Hopefully my all day birthday celebration will be "The Good" thing on the list!
Incorporating Color

11 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Sally!!! I hope you have an amazing day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found you through My Grey Desk Blog. Happy Birthday! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! You look great for 50! Have an awesome weekend!
    XO Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Sally! Great boots! I hope your weekend continues to be good with lots of little celebrations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! You look seriously awesome, and those boots are adorable! Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

    - Sara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday!!! Have a great day! :)

    Samantha
    www.hooahandhiccups.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday! Glad you were able to celebrate with both your daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you had a happy birthday!! :) Your blog is so cute and fun. Just found ya and am excited to follow via GFC and read more!

    XO

    Erin

    sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday, and love those boots!

    ReplyDelete