Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

It is really here... It's Christmas!

Source: imgfave.com via Sally on Pinterest



Here are a couple Christmas songs I've been loving this year:


After we went to our church's Christmas Eve service last night... and no one got burned by the candles that were kept lit through about 15 songs... and no one burned down the church or scorched their hair or clothing (at least in our family)... we came home... opened a few presents from each other... and ate lasagna... and had wine... I love wine... and just hung out.

It was a perfect evening. It is possible that our holiday experience has peaked... but I'd like to think that Christmas day might be enjoyable as well. After all, there is still wine in the house.

Today we will open our Santa presents and unpack our Christmas stockings... preferably while drinking wine...

Christmas stockings are probably my favorite thing. Lots of fun little things... well, hopefully there will be lots of fun little things... We'll see how the Stern German did this year.

A few years ago all he filled my stocking with was my favorite lip balm and hand lotion... which is nice, in theory....

But if you knew that he forgot about my stocking stuffers and/or procrastinated about getting the stocking stuffers until the last minute... you might understand how I was not exactly thrilled... especially since I always work for weeks and weeks, if not months and months, to get great stocking stuffers for everyone else.

Plus I was opening my stocking presents in the car on the way to relatives' house... so, unfortunately, there wasn't any wine involved... that might have helped... or not.

So, I will let you know what we all got in our stockings...  we are opening them at home... so there may will be wine... well, maybe not since we are getting to the stockings first thing in the morning... and there may or may not be a few lumps of coal in the mix...


Merry Christmas! Hope your day is great and your time with family and/or friends is enjoyable as you celebrate Jesus' birthday.
Leslyn's Lovely Life
Linking up with Leslyn...

No comments:

Post a Comment