Thursday, December 27, 2012

Moving Right Along...

We are finally done celebrating Christmas. Woohoo!

Don't get me wrong... I love Christmas... but by now I'm pretty much worn out. If you're a mom, Christmas tends to be a lot of work. So in that respect, I'm glad we are done with the celebrations.

Also, being officially done with the Christmas celebrations means that my birthday celebration may begin! That's my theory, anyway.

If I could choose how to spend a celebratory morning, it would be to stay home and make a wondrous brunch and drink several Mimosas... but that's not going to happen today... maybe on my actual birthday? Hmmm.... yeah, maybe...

This morning I have to take my mother in for a mammogram... so, clearly, that would be almost as good as having a Mimosa brunch...
(source)
Yep, that would be some sweet revenge.
(source)
It is kind of a strange word.
Hide those melons, Kati!
Well, that might protect them!

Anyway.... it's not gonna be a Mimosa kind of morning... well, I mean they would help make the morning better... but it's not an option... Dang.

However, the rest of the day has the potential to be pretty great.

Tonight my girls and I are going to Minneapolis to a cooking class! We will go up right after lunch to run errands and go to the MOA. (Yeah, we're close, personal friends with the Mall of America, so we can call it that... after all, Kati and I were there on opening day!)

Originally when I asked the Angsty Teen if she wanted to go with Kati and me to the class, she said, "No, I don't want to cook food, I just want to eat it." So I didn't buy her a spot in the class.

Fast forward a few weeks, and yesterday the Angsty Teen decided she wanted to come along. Fortunately, well, maybe fortunately, there was room in the class... and they gave me the Groupon price for her as well... so that part is good.

We are going to all spend way too much some quality time together... all afternoon... and all evening long... Maybe it will be fine.

I told the Angsty Teen that I would be happy to pay her $50 fee for the class... as long as she is responsible, respectful, and fun to be around...

In order to make the night more pleasant for me, maybe it would be worth it for me to buy the $15 wine pass... In fact, maybe it would be down right necessary.

Kati could always drive home... and it would definitely might make me enjoy my night a little more.

Or I could just pregame in the parking lot... that sounds like a mature thing to do... but sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

But really.
Obviously MARvelous

4 comments:

  1. I wish my mom were half as fun as you are!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's weird... the things in our lives that shape who we are and what we allow to determine how we act and how we live. I don't even know if that makes any sense. But I'm guessing that someday you will be a fun mom!

      Delete
  2. Oh man... can't wait to see how the class goes with her! At least she wanted to come? Definitely make Kati drive and enjoy your wine (just don't tell her I told you that!) It's your birthday celebration after all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man you guys sound like my mom, my sister and I. She is kind of the opposite of my mom and me. We are like one in the same. And you guys sound just like. My sister doesnt really get our humor or want to do the same things as us. She is more of a laid back hermit and we are go go bunnies. I crack up laughing reading both of your blogs. And as for the Stern German, that would be my step dad. Ha ha. Love reading your daily posts :)
    XO Brooke
    P.S. I have never been to the MOA, I'm totally jealous!

    ReplyDelete