Monday, December 10, 2012

My Informercial Order Arrived!

When I got back home from Omaha on Sunday night... my infomercial order had arrived! I wrote about that here. From which infomercial did I order? (So proud... didn't end that sentence with a preposition!)

Here were the choices...

Clockwise from top left:
Not the Slap Chop... that looks cheap.
Not the Gyro Bowl... although if it came in a Gyro Wine Glass I'd definitely buy it...
Lint Lizard... this looks like a great thing... might look for it at Walmart...
Muran skin care line... I actually saw that at a store called Beauty Brands last weekend. Not it.

The next three pictures where people are using equipment on their faces: Pretty sure none of that works.
Luminess Tan? I wouldn't be able to use something like that without leaving stripes on my legs... I tried the stuff in a can last summer... one of my friend's has great luck with it... Me? not so much.
Victoria Principal's skin care line? I haven't seen that infomercial in years... not that one.

Middle row -  left to right:
Bake Pops... nope, don't need more pans to store...
Slushy Magic... well, I actually really want one of these... Hey, Kati, Christmas gift idea for me! But that's not what I order... they sell these at Walmart.

So that leaves the one I chose....
I'm pretty sure they promised me I'm gonna look like Cindy Crawford!
Now I have tons of skin care products to try... and make decisions about... before they ship me another shipment in less than a month... only then I think they will ship me two months' worth of products... isn't that nice of them?

I hate opening things... usually because things are packaged stupidly... and I therefore tend to get hurt in the process of opening these packages.

That sounds so pathetic... but trying to open things hurts my hands... I have wimpy hands...  or requires a knife/scissors and I usually ending up gouging myself with those things or on the packaging itself... I am pretty skilled.

And this shipment of beauty products required sharp objects to open the box and each and every individual product...
Yep, each bottle/jar is wrapped in tough-to-open plastic...
I opened all of the nighttime products last night... only had one minor injury... and used them before I went to bed. My skin felt GREAT! It really did. So soft and smooth... so that's good.

Woke up this morning and opened the rest of the products that I was supposed to use in the morning... only cut my hands two times... and swore fourteen a few times... and did the whole morning routine after I showered this morning.

That melon extract in the products made me hungry for cantaloupe... well, actually, I just licked my face... just kidding... kind of...

After that I put on my new beauty balm foundation:
(source)
Added my Orgasm blush... well, that's the name of it... it gives you a pretty sated glow, let me tell you that... After I put it on the first time I really wanted a cigarette... but I digress...
Big O
I think the picture of the blush looks almost apricot-like... but it's not orangey... more pinky?

Anyway, I left the house and went to visit my parents... cleaned all the snow off their car and took them to physical therapy/workout... took them back to their place... ate lunch with them and their friends... saw tons of people I knew... raced out of there to go to the dental office for a checkup/cleaning... and...

NO ONE... ANYWHERE.... COMMENTED ON HOW GREAT MY FACE LOOKED. Damn.

I'll probably have to use those skin care products for more than a day to see if I can notice any great results... but I was really hoping the heavens would open up and angels would start singing...


So... I will try the products for a few more days... I'll keep you posted.

The pic my hygienist had to take with a little wand camera for my file...

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking there is still a way to use that Gyro thingy for Chardonnay! Hmmm.....

    ReplyDelete