Monday, December 10, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!

It's Monday... again. I had a fantastic weekend... I didn't have to take care of anyone... I got to make/have some fun drinks.... eat some fun food, shop at some fun stores, and spend some time with Kati!

I'm linking up with Kati and Kate to bring you the:
Incorporating Color

1. I went to visit Kati this weekend!
The Good: We had so much fun (and success) shopping.
No, that's not me... it's from The Loft website...
I bought this sequined tank at The Loft... my mother will love it if I wear that to her facility's Christmas cocktail party... I bought a few other things at that store... some workout clothes at Target... and this fabulous blush from Sephora-that-store-I-intensely-dislike:
(source)
This is NARS Orgasm... this color is supposed to look fantastic on everyone... that's what Kati has been telling me for years... so we both bought one of these... I will let you know what I think.

The Bad: The time went too fast.

The Ugly: I may or may not have spent too much money on some new clothes.

2. Kati and I played around on the my computer.

The Good: I have a button!!! Kati made it for me:
Splash of Whine
Great for the holidays! Thanks, Kati.
Incorporating Color
Kati made herself a new button, too!
The Bad: I realized I know just enough to be dangerous on my (Kati's old) Mac... but I really don't know much at all...

The Ugly: I will probably never remember how to do any of these things on my own... and will always need her to help me. Some of them are pretty basic... but it's that whole "old dog, new trick" thing.

3. We had some fun drinks and food.

The Good: We went to Jazz Louisiana Kitchen in the downtown Omaha area for supper Friday night and to Brix in the West Omaha area for a Happy Hour lunch on Saturday.
A N'awlins Blue Something (I forgot...)
The Bad: The food was so good at these places that we had high expectations everywhere we went!
Me taking a picture of my food...
and there's Kati taking a picture of her food!
Parmesan Fries w/Truffle Oil & a Cosmo!




















The Ugly: Those high expectations weren't met everywhere...

4. Kati and I went to P.F. Chang's for her (belated) birthday dinner.

The Good: We shared a bottle of wine and a lot of laughs.

The Bad: The food was fine... but not as good as the other time we had eaten there. There wasn't anything bad about it... nothing to complain about... but just not as tasty.

The Ugly: Something we ate was baaad... We barely got back to her apartment before I was in the bathroom with severe stomach cramps... and then it hit her... and then our pricey dinner just whooshed out of us...

   4a. Our pricey dinner just whooshed out of us...

The Good: Neither of us will be needing a colon cleanse anytime soon.

The Bad: She only has one bathroom... and we were both struck with the plague.

The Ugly: Thought one of us would be needing to do this...
(source)
   4b. Thought one of us would be needing to do this.

The Good: We didn't! Our bouts of distress timed themselves well...

The Bad: We were up until 2:00 am laughing, talking, and holding our stomachs...

The Ugly: When I called P.F. Changs this morning the manager wasn't really all that sympathetic or helpful.. he suggested that we had come down with the flu.

Yep... pretty sure the flu hits two people simultaneously right after eating the same thing... and only last for four hours...

So that's a brief recap of my weekend. It was pretty great. Lots of drinks were consumed, lots of purchases were made, and a fine time was had by all.

Back to the real world now. Dang.

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I love bridesmaids! My mother and I have had some bathroom experiences and this just had me cracking up! I hope you two start feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Lord, Bridesmaid is a hilarious movie! BTW I will be waiting to see what you think of the Nars blush, it has been on my maybe list for some time! BTW I am a new subscriber(as of today, and I am over from the GBU Link-up:) Happy Holidays!

    xo,
    Chelsee @ Southern Beauty Guide

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun and eventful few days. Great pics! I will be waiting to hear about that blush as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you got away for a few days and had fun with your daughter. Sorry your experience at PF Changs wasnt good, I love the lettuce wraps there!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you and Kati had a fun time (minus the whole PF Changs incident!) And I love the new button, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute button!!

    I love bridesmaids!! But that really sucks that you guys got sick :( no fun!

    ReplyDelete