Monday, December 31, 2012

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!

Hey... I think it's Monday... it's a little hard to keep track of the days with the Christmas Eve, Christmas Day holidays falling during the week...

But if it's really Monday, it's time for me to link up with Kati and Kate to bring you The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of my weekend!
Incorporating Color
Friday was my birthday...
The Good: The day started with mimosas and ended with margaritas!
Yes, it looks like that older lady is soaking in my margarita... if I was in a margarita hot tub... I would look a whole lot happier than she does!
This is a collage of the Angsty Teen and the Stern German during my birthday celebration. I'm not sure that they ever look happy simultaneously... but, really.

The Bad: I had a goal to someday drink two jumbo margaritas in one evening at my favorite Mexican restaurant. Couldn't do it. Kati had to assist me.
I get by with a little help from my friends... 
The Ugly: At lunch with my parents on my birthday, my mother felt the need to share with my daughters the story of what a homely baby I was... Thanks, mom. Pretty sure my girls didn't need to be reminded of that story.

My mother has said quite a few crazy things lately...
The Good: She announced at lunch yesterday that she was "really bitchy and irritable today"... Haha... didn't know my ultra-conservative mom knew how to say that word... and she said it three times... She didn't seem at all bitchy to me... maybe just saying it aloud relieved some pressure!

The Bad: The weekend before Christmas my mom made this announcement at her lunch table... "On Tuesday we're going to have SEX!" And, yes, she said it REALLY loudly!

The Ugly: The crazy lady at her table said, "You're gonna have what?!?"

"SEX!" my mom answered. This was followed by kind of an awkward silence.

As soon as I figured out what she was talking about, I spoke up as quickly as I could... "SIX! They're have SIX people for at their table for Christmas dinner on Tuesday!"

So the big family joke has been that Tuesdays are for sex... The Angsty Teen is grossed out when the Stern German and I joke and mention that it's almost Tuesday!

We had a little Forced Family Fun time last night.
The Good: We drove about fifteen miles south of town to look at my stepson's Christmas lights... he and his neighbor, whom we have known since he was in about third grade... he's now about 27... have a little lights contest each year.

The Bad: He wasn't home and his house was dark... and the neighbor's house had a lot of blinking lights... nearly gave us all seizures.

The Ugly: On the way home we stopped at another house that was lighting up the prairie... there were a lot of lights in their display... and this sign welcomed us to Vince and Virginia's house... except Virginia's name was spelled wrong...
Kati tweeted this message:
My immature family is currently laughing at the misspell of this name and the pronunciation of "Virgina." 

We laughed all night about that... oh, Virgina... pretty sure you should have made sure your name was spelled correctly...

Well, Kati is leaving for Omaha this morning. It has been a good visit. The two of us always have a wondrous, fun-filled time... but I think this visit has gone really well in regards to Kati's time with the Angsty Teen and the Stern German. Christmas miracle??? Probably.

All of us girls went to the Mall of America two different days... with lots of snacks packed for the Angsty Teen... and everything went quite well.

All in all it was a lot of togetherness... but it was pretty great. We found some deals and laughed a lot...

Hope you have a great New Year's Eve. Be safe.

Oh, and yes, Virgina, there really is a Santa Claus...

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the VirGINA sign way too much. Up here near our cabin there's a lot of signs on trees at the end of driveways that misuse the apostrophe - as in "The Smith's" or "The Alexander's". DRIVES ME CRAZY. Glad you had a lovely birthday and visit with Kati. And hey, good news. Tomorrow's Tuesday! :)
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! "Virgina" Everyone needs a giggle!

    I'm really jealous that you were able to go to the Mall of America, twice no less! It had been my dream to go there since first grade and I finally got to go two years ago. I really enjoyed it. Do they do a lot of holiday decorating?

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete