Wednesday, December 19, 2012

What I'm Kind of Loving...

The week is going by quickly... and it is time for me to tell you what I'm loving... and maybe not loving... this week!

I'm not loving... that the Angsty Teen was home... ALL. WEEKEND. LONG...
kind of sick... meaning her stomach hurt and she had lay-on-the-couch-and-watch-tv-but-never-throw-up sickness... (could of been worse!)

Sad for her... and me. She was supposed to go to a sleepover Friday night... I had planned to organize/wrap Christmas gifts... oh well... I'm sure there's still plenty of time for all that... haha.

I'm not loving... that the Angsty Teen couldn't help set up for the Christmas Renaissance Feast at her school like she had signed up to do... because of her ill-feeling stomach and I chose to go in her place... (Mother of the Year Award? Probably not. Dang.)
C'mon folks, let's get this done!!!!
I'm not loving... that the kids down the block made a great snowman... and I didn't get a picture of it until the day it was melting away... Sorry, kids... and Frosty!
I'm loving...that our church's Sunday school Christmas program is over.

This is the third year in a row we have done the same program... with 17 scenes of chaos and confusion.

Our little preschoolers/kindergartners went up on the risers... and down to the floor... and up on the risers... and down to the floor... in the front of the church three or four times to sing their four songs... SO. MUCH. CHAOS!

They had a Saturday evening rehearsal... which lasted 2 1/2 hours! The children were a little restless... and not just our preschoolers!

This is a worn out donkey and a weary shepherd from the dress rehearsal...
... and maybe a tired pastor's wife who fell
 asleep during the long rehearsal...
This kindergartner was trying to keep himself
entertained during rehearsal...
But this isn't really me griping... because if I gripe I might have to be in charge of the program next year... nope, nevermind... the program was great...

I'm loving... that after the longer-than-necessary rehearsal I was able to go out with one of my favorite people to my favorite Mexican restaurant for drinks, chips, salsa, and queso!

All of a sudden it turned into a great night!
I'm loving... that we bought tickets with some friends for last Monday's Christmas Renaissance Feast at our high school.

It was so much more fun to sit with friends. When Kati was in it I bought one ticket... for me. Money was tight and tickets were expensive. The Stern German stayed home with the Angsty Teen... well, she was a Spastic School Kid then... and I sat with people I didn't know... who were all friends... and not that inclusive. I choked down my supper feeling overwhelmed, ill at ease, and out of place. I drank my soup out of the bowl because I didn't have a dollar along to buy a spoon... This year's feast was much nicer.

And, I may or may not have pregamed...

I'm loving... these things on Pinterest:

Gluten-free sugar cookies! (We'll make them w/red and green sugar!)



Not really loving that one... but... like the next one...

Linking up with:

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. The Angsty Teen's Twitter feed was very...how should I say...informative over the weekend, with the play-by-play of how her stomach was feeling!

    Oh - and the WILW linkup goes live at 9 EST, when I'll be at work, so if you want to link us all up around 8 your time, that would be great! Otherwise, I'll do it when I get home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. margaritas and salsa are my remedies for a poor day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, those chips and salsa look so dang good right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha I'm totally posting the hips thighs and rear post!! And those cookies!! Yummo!!
    XXoo Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wrapping gifts! Always gotta make time for that. My son is only two and I left one gift out and then he went crazy when I took it away. I'm hoping he forgets he saw it. :)

    ReplyDelete