Friday, January 25, 2013

High Five for Friday

Happy Friday! It's time for me to tell you the highlights of my week...


I was able to get away from my life for about 28 hours this week. The fact that it actually happend... that nothing went wrong... that no one got sick or injured... either before I was supposed to leave or while I was gone... is absolutely, positively a miracle.

So while that getaway was the biggest highlight... I'm going to break it down for you:

1. I went to a really fun cooking class... and there was wine!
I read about the class on a fellow Minnesotan's blog: Keeping up w/The Sonnecks. When she wrote about the December class, even though she hadn't been able to attend that one, I thought it sounded like a blast.

When I asked about it they were more than willing to include me. This is what prompted my time away. The class was over two hours away from me... so it only made sense to spend the night!

I will tell you more about the class another time...
mini banana cream pies for dessert

2. I was able to spend time meandering the aisles at IKEA yesterday! (No wine...)
I love this place. 
(source)
Bought the Stern German a whiskey glass... he was so excited.
 He plans to use it when he gets together with his BFF, Basil... This is Basil:
(source)
(source)
Bought these for the Angsty Teen...she loves her snacks...

3. I went to a wonderful Happy Hour at MOA... and there was wine!
When you watched it being built because you lived five minutes away from it and when you took your daughter there on opening day... you get to call the Mall of America by its nickname.

I had a glass of Chardonnay and a flatbread Margherita pizza. So good...
I felt so sophisticated.

4. I finally (made a decision and) bought new cookware! (There will be wine in my hand as I learn to use this stuff!)

My old stuff was fair... but not great. I'd start to look at cookware, get overwhelmed by all the choices, and give up. Then my life would get a little (or a lot) crazy and I would just forget about it. This has been going on for several years.

When the Stern German's mom died... wow, that was already four years ago... that's unbelievable... we had some memorial money that people had sent right to our family. His mom loved to be in the kitchen and cook for her family... so the Stern German had wanted me put the money toward a set of some nicer cookware. This will be a nice reminder of how she showed love to all of us.

I bought it, brought it home, unpackaged it, washed it, dried it, and put it away already...I'm so excited to start using it!

5. The Stern German went and washed my car and gassed it up for me tonight... YAY!
Pretty sure he did that so that I could stay at home and drink wine...

Those are the high points of my week... I hope your week was nice and that you have a great weekend.

Join me on Monday when I link up with Kati and Kate for:

Hey... I like their new button! Good job, girls. If you're a blogger... link up with these girls!


3 comments:

  1. Glad your trip was successful, and that you also enjoyed it! That pizza looks to die for! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you went to Andrea's mom's cooking class. She's been trying to get me to come forever and I would love to, but I never seem to make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dessert looks amazeballs! Glad you had a great trip! I have never been to Ikea but I MUST visit one day! I think I will walk outta there spending WAY too much money. Whoops!
    XO

    ReplyDelete