Monday, January 7, 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!

It's time for me to link up with Kati and Kate for:
Incorporating Color
So let me tell you about my weekend!

This first GBU is in reverse order... so here is a UBG!

1. It was looking like Saturday was going to be a stellar day... I should know better than to count my proverbial chickens before they hatch out of their damn eggs...

The Ugly: Took my dad to Walmart... needed The Kit... crap...literally.
I'm grateful that it's been quite a few weeks since this has been necessary... butt... haha.
The Bad:
When I got home from The Walmart Adventure... I realized I hadn't thought what we would have for lunch.

The Stern German and the Angsty Teen were hungry... and may or may not have been a little ornery... so I had the Stern German whip up some pancake batter... and the Angsty Teen made the pancakes...
Her hand-eye coordination was slacka-lackin'.
The Good:
While the Stern German and the Angsty Teen got the pancakes going... I decided it was paramount to my mental health to fix myself a little pick-me-up...
An OJ Cosmo... which is a lot like a Screwdriver... except that I used my cocktail shaker!
Now back to the regular GBU format:
2. We had the Grand Boys on Saturday afternoon... and I realized....

The Good:
I gave some great Christmas gifts!

The gear/monster building kit I gave the Stern German and the Playdoh food set I gave the Angsty Teen (to play with along with the Grand Boys) kept both of them busy for a while before the boys even came over!

They both played very quietly... by themselves and with the Grand Boys when they arrived!
Good job, Grandpa!
I just want to eat those cheeks up.



Everyone was entertained... for a long time!
Playdoh makes her Un-Angsty.
They both had fun! 
The Bad:
My family members are not gifted at using pillows...
Sometimes her angst is provoked...
The Angsty Teen is laying on her stomach... He is a very brave boy.
The Ugly:
My days are never really over.

Saturday night after a long, long day... after The Walmart Adventure, cleaning up the house, and the Grand Boys' four hour visit... my mom called me and needed to go to the Emergency Room... never a dull moment!

(She is okay... enough... but now probably needs to have two surgical procedures done in the very near future... remember when I said I thought Saturday was going to be a stellar day? I was very wrong.)

3. The Angsty Teen was in good spirits for most of the day on Sunday!

The Good: The Angsty Teen was hilarious. (You know that poem... about the girl... with the curl... down the middle of her forehead?* That's the Angsty Teen!)

The Stern German was trying to walk around her in the doorway between the kitchen and the dining room... He hit his head on a plate rack... and commented on how she shouldn't be "camped out" in the doorway. (A simple "excuse me" or "move it, please" probably would've worked.)

The Angsty Teen went upstairs and returned with blankets, chairs, and pillows... and proceeded to actually make a tent and camp out in the doorway.
The Bad: The Stern German wasn't amused... but I thought it was hilarious. (A couple of margaritas always make me think my family is funnier...)
But he did like the bear chili I made for supper...
The Ugly: After supper the Angsty Teen had homework problems and wasn't quite as cheerful.
Not amused...
It's now late on Sunday night... everyone is in bed. They are both so sweet when they're sleeping... except for the coughing, wheezing, farting, and snoring...

Have a great day!


*There once was a girl who had a curl down the middle of her forehead
 When she was good, she was very, very good
 But when she was bad, she was horrid.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love that you got Jimbo and Carly little kid presents! Those photos are priceless :)

    ReplyDelete