Monday, January 21, 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

How was your weekend? My Christmas tree is STILL up... but, clearly, that's the least of my worries...

On Mondays I link up with Kati and Kate to bring you:
Incorporating Color
If you want to link up with them... feel free... it's kind of fun!

Friday:

The Good-  The Stern German and I met friends for dinner at my favorite Mexican restaurant!

The Bad- The waiters didn't bring me my margarita right away... but they did come to ask if I needed a jumbo since it was Friday. I love those guys!
Glad I only had one of these big guys...
The Ugly- Later that night I raced my mom to an Urgent Care department in a neighboring town to get there before they closed. We made it with five minutes to spare... and I helped her with this.
Sometimes I hate my life...
Saturday:

The Good- The Stern German, the Angsty Teen, and I watched Pitch Perfect.


The Bad- The Angsty Teen came up to me before the movie and told me that it was rated PG-13 and there might be some parts that were inappropriate.

I asked her if she was implying that the Stern German and I should watch the movie without her or if she meant that she and I should watch it without the Stern German...

She meant that we should watch it without her dad... because of the judgmental comments he might make.

Hahaha... she's pretty funny... but kind of right... However, the Stern German did a good job of keeping his opinions to himself. Sometimes he works really hard to be pleasant so we will want to spend time with him... or so that I will want to have sex with him... I've heard it both ways.

The Ugly-  The movie had to be returned to Redbox the next day... might need to own that one... I'd like to watch it again.

Sunday:

The Good- I figured out how to make a weekend day last a whole lot longer!

The Bad- The day just seems a lot longer when you go to a volleyball tournament and:
  1. Your team doesn't play well at all.
  2. Your team loses every game... most of them by a lot... more than ten points.
  3. Your kid doesn't get to play... (except for a few minutes) and she's no worse than all the others... in fact... maybe better than some... and the coach has no reason for the differential in playing time.
The Ugly- After being out of town all day I took supper to my parents... and I:
  1. Took bandaids off the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy's toe.
  2. Filled a plastic tub I brought with warm water and Epsom salts.
  3. Soaked the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy's foot in Epsom salts.
  4. Answered the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy's question of "Am I done?"... he was anxious to eat his supper...
  5. Answered the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy's question of "Am I done? at least fourteen more times... he was really anxious to eat his supper.
  6. Dried the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy's foot.
  7. Put antibiotic ointment on the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy's toe.
  8. Put new bandaids ondiabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy's toe.
  9. Heated them up the supper I brought of turkey, mashed potatoes/gravy, wild rice dressing, & cranberries.
  10. Set the table and laid out their meals.
  11. Made sure the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy had a towel covering him before I gave him the turkey leg to gnaw on...  He would love the Renaissance Festival...
  12. Chatted with my diabetic, geriatric, bariatric parents while they ate.
  13. Cleared the table.
  14. Got the the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy a toothpick.
  15. Cleaned up turkey remnants from the floor that didn't make it into the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy's mouth.
  16. Lied about the fact that there were leftovers so the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy would move on...
  17. Put leftovers in the fridge... 
  18. Made the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy lemonade.
  19. Gave the the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy a napkin to clean up his hands and face.
  20. Gave the the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy a wet washcloth to clean up his hands and face.
  21. Got my mom ice water.
  22. Gave her the evening pills she's supposed to take.
  23. Gave the the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy his evening pills.
  24. Gave the the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy his supper time insulin.
  25. Helped fill their pill containers for the week... a total of nearly 25 pills a day...
  26. Drew up the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy's nighttime insulin.
  27. Unloaded the dishwasher.
  28. Loaded the dishwasher.
  29. Washed out the kitchen sink.
  30. Ran the dishwasher.
  31. Got the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy into bed.
  32. Filled the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy's CPAP machine with distilled water.
  33. Filled the hot water bottle for the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy.
  34. Positioned the hot water bottle on the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy's back.
  35. Hugged both of them and said, "Good night!"
  36. Came home and got supper on for my family... I really only wanted wine at this point.
I'm sure that's not an exhaustive list of all that I did while I was there... it was, however an EXHAUSTING list!!!!

Welcome to my world... it's slightly-less than ideal. This is why I drink.

7 comments:

  1. Wow looks like you had a very busy weekend! The ugly part is long, hopefully things will het better! I am planning on checking out pitch perfect..tks for the mini review :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Good/Bad/Ugly link up! I think I may just pop on by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh no i hope your momma is okay! but hahah i'd be MOST uncomfortable if i had to help her pee in a cup. and jumbo margaritas? these waiters know whats up ;)

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard nothing but good about that movie. MUST RENT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked Pitch Perfect, too! I was the only grownup in the theater, but I didn't care. The boys went to a Marvel movie next door and I had some 'me' time. It didn't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really need to see Pitch Perfect!! You know what would be amazing? That movie + a jumbo margarita. Ahhhh :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely some GBU in the weekend but I think you're under the "good" category for caring for your parents! They are very lucky to have you care for them so well. I think that's so special. :-)

    ReplyDelete