Friday, February 1, 2013

High Five for Friday

Well, here it is... again... it's FRIday, FRIday...

Anyway, it's time for me to tell you the five highlights from my week...

1. I burned my nuts.
2. My dad fell.
3. I got drunk dialed twice last night.
4. The Angsty Teen is concussed.
5. My Amaretto bottle is empty.

Wait... those, were not the highlights! Hallelujah! I was getting depressed as I typed that list... I think that was more of the five lowlights of my week...

Here are the five highlights...

1. Okay, I don't actually have nuts... so that's a good thing...

Technically, I burned my stepdaughter's husband's nuts... (I guess I'm kind of his MIL...but really? No guy needs two of those.)

For Christmas I gave him and my stepson each a coupon for a six month subscription to my Dessert of the Month Club. I made him brownies for his first dessert... and I kept running into problems... seriously? Brownies? Those are usually a no-brainer for me. This was supposed to be a fun present to give... but so far? It hasn't been that fun.

Made pumpkin pie with whipped cream for my stepson's first dessert. Two down... ten to go.
Yum.
This pie was for The Concussed One.
2. Fortunately, my dad wasn't badly hurt when he fell... but it has definitely added to the normal, everyday stress level of my life.
He was back to normal in no time...
3. I did get drunk dialed... but by a friend who is a very affirming drunk person.

She loves me... she told me four times. She thinks I am a great daughter. She thinks I'm wonderful. Everyone needs a drunk friend like this... and when she called me 40 minutes later she told me all of that again.

4. Yes, the Angsty Teen is concussed... but it's apparently a minor-ish one.

She should be back to volleyball within a week. But, I'm pretty sure that giving a non-detail-oriented person a detail-oriented test to check for a concussion is not really all that accurate... just sayin'.

5. Yeah, the Amaretto bottle is empty... but I've had it for over a year...so it's not the end of the world... but I don't think there's really a way to put a positive spin to put on that one... I had been mixing Amaretto with Diet Squirt.... so good... but now it's gone...

So, I guess I would have to say that the fifth highlight of my week was this:

Yep... that's my week in a nutshell... it was exhausting... so many appointments/trips to the clinic/hospital.

I think that within the past two months I have been to... well, I was going to say about 20 appointments at various clinics, hospitals, and ER rooms with my parents and the Angsty Teen... But, I thought that might be an exaggeration... so I just went back and counted up the visits from my calendar...

There have been over 40. Yep. 40 hospital and clinic visits... just in December and January if I include every time I took my diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind father to PT.

No wonder I'm exhausted beyond belief. (And that's not even counting all the phone calls to schedule, reschedule, and ask questions!)

Oh, well, this is my life... my exhaustipating life... at least we got a phone call by 9:30 last night that there would be a two hour late start today... Apparently the windchill will be around 30 degrees below zero in the morning... Late starts are good. Hopefully, no one will have to go to the doctor today...

Oh, wait... my dad has a PT appointment. Damn. Maybe when I'm out and about I will pick up some more Amaretto... I think I'm gonna need it.

Join me on Monday when I link up with Kati and Kate to bring you:

2 comments:

  1. LOL at burning your son-in-law's nuts!! I'm sure he forgave you by now :)

    Glad your pops is okay... don't stress too much. Be happy it didn't turn out to be worse than what it is.

    Happy Friday! Found you through the H54F linkup! xo, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you were able to put a "not so bad" spin on all of your low's for the week. That's why I love your blog!

    Hugs,
    Kara

    ReplyDelete