Friday, February 22, 2013

High Five for Friday!

It has been a good week... lots of things to write about... yay!

Here are the five highlights of my week:

1. The Angsty Teen got to spend Monday morning in Kati's classroom... after spending the night in Kati's apartment! All the eighth grade boys loved her... and I had a quiet night/morning at my hotel.
Yes, the Angsty Teen changed her shirt and bra under a blanket in the car on the way home...
Yes, she changed into shorts for the drive home.
No, it wasn't warm out.
Yes, it was less than 10 degrees outside.
No, the Stern German wasn't impressed with this plan when he saw her arrive home.
Yes, it was easier to let her wear clothing that were inappropriate for the weather
than it was to hear her bitch and complain about being hot...
No, she wasn't dressed for the elements...
Yes, she would've frozen to death if she'd been thrown from the car in a car crash... but seriously, you've never heard had to listen to that child complain...  this was a chance I was willing to take...
2. I held a little cooking class where my parents live. People enjoyed it!
The diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy making his pan of bars...
The Lovely Ladies of Latham making more...
3. Last night the Angsty Teen's Pep Band played for a basketball game and the Stern German and I took the Grand Boys to the game... It was fun... and tiring!
They are both so cute!
Treats!
4. I got away from my life quite a bit this week!

a. Monday we were in Omaha and driving home from Omaha. (See #1)

b. Wednesday night I went to the cooking class two hours away.
Fondue!!!!
c. Yesterday I spent most of the day in the Twin Cites... Here's what I did:

  • I went to the Apple Store at the MOA for a One-on-One Class.
  • I went to a couple of my favorite stores on the south side of the mall.
  • I got a free Lindt Truffle to sample... so good.
  • I found fun presents for the Angsty Teen and Kati... just because...
  • I went to IKEA and bought a few wonderful things...
  • I drove to my favorite Thai restaurant and had these for a late lunch:

Spring rolls!!!!!

  • I was able to get my hair cut by my favorite stylist...
  • I went to the Stern German's favorite liquor store and bought him two four-packs of his favorite beer... the name of the brew is quite fitting... It's Surly Furious... haha.
  • I went to a Thai grocery store and picked up some great rice noodles, sauces, and wonton wrappers!
  • I made a quick stop at my favorite spice store, Penzeys, and got a few treasures.
  • I remembered to fill up my car with gas before I headed home!
It was a stellar day.


 5. AND.... today is... belly roll (have you seen Pitch Perfect, yet?) drum roll, please...
National Margarita Day! 

Gotta celebrate that one! Are you going to celebrate this national holiday?



3 comments:

  1. envious of your trip to mall of america and ikea! I was at MOA over Thanksgiving weekend, since my grandparents live nearby. I love Omaha as well--used to be a Cornhusker!
    floral&fudge

    ReplyDelete
  2. National Margarita Day!! Win! And your day yesterday does sound pretty amazing, I love a good Ikea trip.

    ReplyDelete