Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I didn't even know there'd be wine...

Last month I drove about two hours from home to go to a cooking class. It was held at a fellow-Minnesota blogger's mom's house. (I had met Andrea just once before.) Her mom represents Pampered Chef and a line of spices, herbs, sauces, etc. that are free of preservatives and additives called Wildtree.

I had never heard of Wildtree... but I do love Pampered Chef products...and I love to cook... and I love to try new things. So I was excited to go to the class!

Each month they make a few different recipes using one of the products from Wildtree.
January's product
We used a few different flavors of Wildtree's bouillon soup bases... and I got to choose one to bring home. I've already used it quite a few times in various soups/gumbo/sauces that I've made and I have made one of the soup recipes from that night a few time already, too! (It was a spicy White Bean Chili.... soooooo good.)
Top right: Chicken Parmesan Soup
Bottom right: Spicy White Chili
Top Left: Cheeseburger Soup
Bottom left: Seasoned Oyster Crackers
Not shown: French Onion Soup
I'm kind of thinking that the meals I've made using this Wildtree bouillon soup base have been tastier than when I've made them without this product... Is it possible that this product is really that much better? Hmmmm.... I'm thinking so... I looking forward to trying more Wildtree products.

Note: Wildtree also has a nice selection of gluten-free products... Hey, Kati, what should we try?

Andrea wrote all about the evening on her blog... you can read about it here.

It was a wonderful evening. What were the highlights for me?
  1. Getting away from my life...
  2. Trying new recipes...
  3. Meeting new people... (Let's see...Cheryl, Barb, Sharon, Erica, Christina, and Linda? Those may or may not be correct...)
  4. Getting to meet Andrea's sweet daughter, Avrie...
  5. And.... best of all? They had wine to drink!
I love wine... and I didn't even drink out of anyone else's glass... I think. I may or may not have done that at the Minnesota Bloggers event I went to in September... oops... sorry.

The class is happening again tomorrow night! I'm all signed up... and a friend of mine is able to join me... I think she needs to get away from her life for an evening, too.

What are we making this month? Different types of fondue... and best of all? There will be wine!

Woo hoo! I'll drink to that.

10 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE wine and fondue! Can't wait to hear about that post! Love seeing all of the yummy meals! I've always wanted to sign up for a cooking class!
    Happy Tuesday! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are getting out and about with Andrea at the cooking classes. Sounds like so much fun - I will have to try and hit one up one of these times....as long as you don't drink my wine..hehee

      Delete
  2. I love finding new brands/products that just add that something to a dish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to trying a few more of their products!

      Delete
  3. This was a fun recap. I really need to sign up for one of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh every event is better with wine! It all looks delicious, I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sally, i am SO bummed i will be missing out tonight, but it's a SUPER SUPER fun group tonight you will enjoy yourself more than the last time! have fun!

    ReplyDelete