Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Oreo Fun

We had the Grand Boys yesterday. The Angsty Teen stayed after school to lift weights so our one-to-one ratio was off a bit at first. (And, no, I don't think you need to drink protein shakes, Angsty Teen, you really don't work out all that hard... do you? I don't think lifting weights a couple times a week warrants protein shakes...)

I had wonderful visions of making delicious homemade pizza with the Grand Boys last night... having everything go smoothly... and having a wonderful time doing it.

I have a great pizza crust recipe and I thought it would be fun to let them top their own little pizzas.

Oh, and I had plans to have the older one or two boys help me dip Oreos in melted white almond bark. At first I thought that it would be fun to make these:
Source: easybaked.net via Sally on Pinterest

But then I thought that these looked too hard... I know even if I did them without help from the Grand Boys that they wouldn't look a thing like that... so I thought we might be able to just do this:

Source: easybaked.net via Sally on Pinterest


But things just didn't go the way I had hoped they would go...

Supper didn't go the way I thought it would. The pizzas weren't fantastic... I was a little pissy at all the work that seemed to be falling on my shoulders. (The Stern German was holding the baby... and multi-tasking is not his strong suit...) and things weren't very enjoyable.

At that point, I decided to not take on one more thing. So, I bailed on the Oreo dipping plan. Glad I hadn't mentioned it to anyone. (I'm a little bit smarter than I look.)

So, instead I took these:

and we ended up making these:





This boy, at 1 1/2 years old, already knows how to dunk his Oreo in milk.
Great life skill... clearly he could go pro in that.

He had a blast... and all was right with the world.

I sometimes have a feeling I could be creative next week... but then I think... hmmm, better not...



Have you done any projects from Pinterest that have turned out well... or that haven't?

1 comment:

  1. Well you still did better than I would have, because I would have ordered Dominos and then not even told them I had Oreos in the house so I could eat them all myself.

    ReplyDelete