Monday, February 4, 2013

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly!

It's the day I link up with Kati and Kate to tell you about my weekend in:
Incorporating Color
This seems to have a little glitch...
1. I took my computer to the Apple Store... got to belly up to the Genius Bar. No, they don't serve drinks there... but, that would be a great idea. It's kind of like an Urgent Care for Apple Products.

(And, no, that doesn't make 41 visits to various hospitals and clinics in the past two months... because it is now February... we're starting a whole new month!)
Anyway...
The Good:
They figured out why my screen goes really fuzzy 90% of the time.
Doctor, doctor, gimme the news...
The Bad:
To have them fix it right then would've cost me a little over $500... If I let them ship it off-site to repair it, the cost would only be about $300...  and if they found anything else wrong, it would all be fixed for that same price of $300... so that is less bad...
(source)
The Ugly:
I tend to think of this as a new computer... but it's not by technological standards! The computer is nearly five years old... they were not sure it would be worth investing that kind of money into it. I could, instead, put that $300-$500 toward a new MacBook Pro... I think the cheapest one is $1200...Any thoughts? I would love some advice...

2. About a week and a half ago I bought my new cookware...
The Good:
I discovered that my new cookware is multi-functional.

The Bad:
Well, you should probably just watch this for the "bad" piece of this story... I just leaned my phone against something on my counter... so it's not the best... but it is short:

The Ugly:
Guess how I found out how sharp the edge was on that pan? Yep...
dang...
(I'd even read reviews that mentioned that some people found really sharp edges on these pans... so I was really being careful when I washed it... but, I had dripped some cream on the edge of the pan and I just went to wipe it off...)

So... I finally figured out what I want to do for cookware. (Yes, you're right... I thought I'd already figured this out... but I definitely changed my mind after this whole slice and dice thing.)

The sales people at Williams Sonoma were wonderful about the whole return.

So I used my new, new cookware... to make some delicious gumbo for the Super Bowl... in honor of it being held in NOLA... well, that and the fact that when I make gumbo I get to stand in the kitchen and slice, dice, cook, and stir for quite a long time... and I may or may not drink wine during this whole process...
I like to add a lot of cayenne pepper to mine.
How was your weekend? I think mine was pretty good... But, now it's time to hit the ground running... it's another busy week.

Last week I mentioned the Asian Glazed Chicken Thighs and Noodles with Spicy Peanut Sauce I made for supper... Tomorrow I hope to have figured out how I made those things... so I can share the recipe with you. Yes, I had a recipe... but, no, I didn't have all the ingredients... so I ad libbed. Big surprise there.

Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Blah that really sucks about your laptop!!

    And that video of the pan was crazy!! Wow that is really sharp!

    ReplyDelete