Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday!

Happy Wednesday! Now I get to tell you what I'm loving... and not loving this week...

Here goes...

I'm loving that...  Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras was a hit at our house!
so many beads...
I'm loving that... that I had plenty of wine on hand to drink last night. I sipped on that stuff while I made the gumbo... sooooo good. The wine... and the gumbo.
GUMBO!
I'm loving that... my father's new physical therapist is really sharp... he did a great job of figuring out what to do about the diabetic, geriatric, bariatric, blind guy's sore heel...
A certain nursery rhyme came to mind... any guesses?
Yes, I'm a terrible person...
I'm not loving that... I didn't get drugs from the doctor... they want me to try a steroid nasal spray...
They want me to be sickly for another four days before I get drugs...
and they made me wear this lovely mask... so attractive!
and a Neti Pot... I was okay with this plan... I even bought this thing at Walmart... but when I used Google Images to find this picture... I realized people pour this stuff in one nostril and wash out their sinuses and the stuff flows out of the other nostril.

Seriously? That's not what I thought this was... might have to rethink this... Kind of disgusting... I don't know about you... but I generally try to avoid the whole water-up-the-nose feeling. I shower without tipping my head way back... and when I'm underwater? I never inhale. (Great lesson in life... don't inhale...) So, why would I think this Neti Pot thing is a good idea????
(source)
I'm loving that... the Stern German has a good friend... and that his friend makes him laugh... and mellow out a lot a little... and makes him more light-hearted. Thanks, Basil! Stop by anytime.
(source)
Here's a very few things that make me laugh on Pinterest...because with my janky computer screen I'm not on Pinterest very much:
Yep, Angsty Teen... this is for you.


Definitely true... especially when you are making gumbo or risotto and stirring for a long time.

Source: i.imgur.com via Sally on Pinterest

Hope your day is a good one. Talk to you tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. They wouldn't even give you meds knowing that you hang out with elderly people all the time? That's nuts.

    Here's hoping you get better soon!
    Hugs!
    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the ecards! They always make me laugh. I am a mid november baby, and never though more about it until i saw that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you used the work janky in your blog. My little sis is trying to bring the word to our area! She loves it!

    Stopping by from WILW

    Jen @ Almost Gypsy Soul

    www.almostgypsysoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you had a great time last night! Sounds like it was fun...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh. The netti pot. Scariest thing ever. I would vomit.

    Stopping by from What I'm Loving Wednesday!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete