Friday, March 22, 2013

High Five for Friday

I was hoping to have had a wondrous Thursday afternoon and evening... and thought that several of the things I did would make the top five for my week...

My original highlights were going to be:

1. The Angsty Teen's concussion continues to improve...
2. I went to an iTunes class...
3. I attended an iPhoto class...
4. I went to Happy Hour at Kokomo at the Mall of America...
5. I came home in time to go to supper at my favorite Mexican restaurant with two of my wondrous friends.

However, yesterday my day didn't go anything like I had planned it to go. Dang. Really? (I'm trying really hard not to sound like I'm whining or complaining... but... it's a little tricky...)

The Angsty Teen came home from school early... because she was sickish. I had my dad at the Physical Therapy department of the hospital and I saw I had three texts...

  1. The Angsty Teen wasn't feeling well. 
  2. The Angsty Teen was in the nurse's office. 
  3. The Angsty Teen wanted me to call the school... because she wanted to come home.

Inside my head... and maybe outside... I'm not sure... but since I got a few strange looks from people, it might have been outside my head... I screamed, "Nooooooooooooooooooooo!"

It is entirely possible that they were giving me strange looks because, apparently, I had grabbed a makeup brush that I use for eye shadow... but had put in the wrong area of my makeup table ... and is identical to a brush I use for my color corrective powder... and used it for my green color corrective powder that morning... I guess it had smokey brown eye shadow on it... and my nose may or may not have looked a little dark...

Anyway, long story short... wait, it's too late for that already...
  • I didn't get to any computer classes... 
  • I didn't get to go to any fun Happy Hours... 
  • My friends decided to meet tonight for supper instead... and I'm not able to join them... Dang.
So here is a new list of the highlights of my week:

1. I survived the In-Law Invasion...

Yes, the Stern German's younger brother looks a heck of a lot like him... and they sound alike as well. Several times during the evening I would hear my husband say something while I was working in the kitchen and I would think, "Really? Since when does he think that?" But, then I would realize it wasn't him talking...
I'm going to assume they were trying to look like idiots... but you now what they say about assuming...
2. My house is pretty clean...

Unfortunately, it won't stay this way forever... but it sure looks good right now... well, the living room, dining room, kitchen, and main floor bathroom look good... Don't look in the Angsty Teen's room... or the office... or the laundry room... or.... well, you get the idea.

3. I was able to get an egg to stand on end for several hours this afternoon:
I thought this was because of the Spring Equinox... but I guess it depends at which website you are looking. Some claim you can do this every day of the year. Maybe that's true, I've never tried it before... I'll give it another shot this weekend to see.

4. We might get to go visit Kati for Easter!!!!

My mom thought that would be a great plan for us... but I still feel guilty leaving town for a holiday since my parents live here...

This trio of pics sums up my daughters'  relationship with each other quite well...
5. The Neti Pot is the Angsty Teen's new best friend.

She would not agree with that statement... but that's a post for another day...

Have a great weekend! Join back up with me on Monday when I link up with Kati and Kate to tell you about my weekend in:
Incorporating Color

2 comments:

  1. Sorry that your plans didn't work out, but I really want to know why you would want to stand an egg on end? I hope your weekend is better than your Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete